Save 25% and earn double points in the new Radisson hotel sale
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
UPDATE – MARCH 2023: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above. Thank you.
Hilton Honors is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 9th May. Click here to buy.
Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 40% bonus when you buy points by 3rd April. Click here to buy.
Keep up to date with new hotel offers by signing up for our free daily or weekly newsletters.
Radisson Rewards – the loyalty scheme for Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Park Inn and Park Plaza – has launched a double points sale.
Here is the small print:
- you can save up to 25% (non-members only save up to 10%)
- you receive double Radisson Rewards base points
- you must book by 13th May
- you must stay between 28th May and 14th September (from 28th April in the Middle East and Africa)
- applies to hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa
- there is no minimum stay requirement
This could work out nicely. You would usually receive 20 base points per $1 spent, which would double to 40 base points per $1. Given that I tend to value a Radisson Rewards point at around 0.33p you are getting a return of 17.5% on your spending.
If you have Radisson Rewards status – and American Express Platinum cardholders get Gold status in Radisson Rewards for free – you would earn 45 points per $1 in total, meaning a return of almost 20%.
You can find out more on this special page of the Radisson website.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (March 2023)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)