Marriott Bonvoy and Emirates Skywards have a low profile partnership called ‘Your World Rewards’. It allows you to double dip with Emirates Skywards miles and Marriott Bonvoy points in the same transaction.
‘Your World Rewards’ is designed to encourage Emirates flyers to stay at Marriott Bonvoy hotels and vice versa. The bottom line is that signing up is a no-brainer if you qualify.
Do you qualify for ‘Your World Rewards’?
‘Qualifying’ means that you have either:
- Gold Elite status or higher in Marriott Bonvoy or
- Silver status or higher in Emirates Skywards
If you are an Emirates status member staying at a Marriott hotel:
If you are an Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold or Platinum member you will receive 1 Skywards mile for every $1 you spend in a Marriott Bonvoy hotel. Importantly, this is in addition to the Marriott Bonvoy points that you already receive. It is a genuine extra benefit.
If you are a Gold or Platinum (sorry Silvers!) Skywards member, you will also receive additional Marriott Bonvoy benefits which are equivalent to those that a Gold-level Bonvoy member would receive. These are:
- Priority check-in
- 4pm late check-out subject to availability (this is better than Bonvoy Gold who only get 2pm)
- Free wi-fi
If you are a Bonvoy member flying with Emirates:
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite or Ambassador Elite members will receive 3 Marriott Bonvoy points per $1 spent on Emirates flights. All Emirates flights count as long as your ticket is under an EK flight code.
This is a very generous deal in my view. I value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.5p each. A £3,000 ($3,750) Emirates business class flight would therefore earn you £55+ of free hotel stays. This is on top of your usual Skywards miles.
Remember that you can obtain Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status for free by signing up for the American Express Platinum charge card. You will retain your Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status for the rest of the current membership year even if you later choose to cancel your Platinum card.
The Platinum Card comes with a sign-up bonus of 30,000 American Express Membership Rewards points which converts into 45,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
You can also get Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status via the Marriott Bonvoy American Express credit card after spending £15,000 in a year.
How do you register for ‘Your World Rewards’?
You need to register for ‘Your World Rewards’ – it is not automatic.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (February 2023)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.