UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2023: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above. Thank you.
Hilton Honors is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 19th September. Click here to buy.
World of Hyatt is offering a 25% discount, equivalent to a 33% bonus, when you buy points by 10th October. Click here to buy.
Keep up to date with new hotel offers by signing up for our free daily or weekly newsletters.
Hotels.com Rewards has launched an attractive ‘Double Stamps’ promotion. This means that you will be getting back 20% of what you spend, ex-VAT, as credit towards a reward night in the future.
You need to book by Sunday 14th August and you need to book via the Hotels.com app. Desktop bookings do not count.
You have until 31st October to complete your stay.
How do I earn double Hotels.com Rewards stamps?
You need to make a booking through the Hotels.com UK app, and only the app, before midnight on Sunday 14th August using coupon code APPRWD28.
You can book for hotels globally and your stay must be completed by 31st October 2022.
Once your stay is over, you will receive two ‘stamps’ per night for your stay instead of the usual one stamp. Once you’ve collected ten stamps, you receive a voucher for a free night. The value of the free night is average ex-taxes cost of the nights you stayed.
This promotion means you could earn a reward night after staying as few as five nights rather than the usual 10, which is pretty attractive.
There is no minimum stay, so you’ll even get double stamps on a one-night stay.
There are a few things to note:
- The offer is only available on stays until 31st October 2022
- You’ll only get the double stamps on pre-paid bookings rather than ‘pay at the property’ stays
- The double stamps are only available on one room per booking. If you are travelling with friends or family and need multiple rooms, each guest could book separately to earn double credits in their own account rather than you earning a single credit in your account.
- There is a maximum of five bonus nights per booking. A 5-night stay will earn you 10 stamps, but a 10-night stay will only earn you 15 stamps (5 x 2 stamps plus 5 x 1 stamp).
- You can only use the coupon once
Why do we like Hotels.com Rewards?
This is a good opportunity to remind you why we are fans of Hotels.com Rewards.
A lot of people end up, by choice or by default, splitting their stays across a number of different hotel chains and holiday rentals. They do a lot of nights, but never enough to build up status or a decent number of points.
For these people, Hotels.com Rewards is a better way to go.
Hotels.com will be familiar to most readers. It is a huge hotel and vacation rentals booking portal covering pretty much every corner of the planet.
You won’t find Hotels.com much cheaper than booking a hotel directly, although you can get special ‘member only’ deals at some hotels when you are logged in. Silver and Gold members of Hotels.com Rewards receive VIP benefits at some hotels such as free breakfast, money off spa treatments and so on.
The majority of the properties on the site let you earn Hotels.com Rewards stamps. There are 500,000 properties on the site, which is about 20 times more than all of the ‘big six’ hotel loyalty schemes combined.
Hotels.com Rewards (their home page is here) is an idiot-proof loyalty scheme:
- You earn one stamp for every night you stay (two stamps under this offer!)
- When you’ve earned 10 stamps, you get a reward night
- The value of the reward night is the average ex-tax price you paid for those 10 nights
- Your stamps don’t expire as long as you collect or redeem at least one night every 12 months
There aren’t any big catches when you redeem. There are no blackout dates and you can pick any property on Hotels.com that takes part in Hotels.com Rewards (i.e. most of them). You can pay the difference if you want to book a hotel which is more expensive than the value of your reward night voucher. Note that you do have to pay the taxes and fees element in cash.
There is a lot of upside here:
- ALL of your stays (assuming the stay you are booking is in Hotels.com Rewards, and most are) will count towards reward nights
- Your reward night can be used to book any room on Hotels.com. Most reward schemes restrict the ability to book club rooms, suites, family room etc. This is not a problem with Hotels.com Rewards.
- Hotels.com is convenient – their huge portfolio means there’s no need to mess around with badly reviewed properties or out of the way hotels purely to find one in your favourite chain which earns points
- If you book multiple rooms, you get credit for all of them. Not all hotels chains allow this with their own loyalty programmes – this HfP article looks at how to earn credit for multiple hotel rooms on the same night.
It’s worth noting that Hotels.com bookings do not count for points or stay credit in the loyalty scheme of the chain where you are staying. You may get your status benefits, but it is down to the goodwill of the hotel.
If you are booking independent hotels, or hotels chains where you do not collect their points, Hotels.com will often make sense.
The last word ….
This is a very decent offer.
You are getting back 20% of the ex-tax price of your room in credit for a future free night. You can’t complain about that.
You can view the promotion on the Hotels.com website here but you MUST book via the app. If you don’t see details in the top banner on the website for some reason, it will pop up when you open the app.
Hotel offers update – September 2023:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 19th September. Click here.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 25% discount, equivalent to a 33% bonus, when you buy points by 10th October. Click here.