News in brief:
Get discounted duty free drinks on your next British Airways flight
British Airways is currently running a number of discounted alcohol deals via highlifeshop.com. These can be delivered to your seat on your next long-haul or short-haul flight.
You can see the deals here.
Of the bigger discounts, I would highlight:
- Smirnoff Blue Label vodka £10 (was £14) – 1l bottle
- Gordon’s London Dry gin £10 (was £13) – 1l bottle
- Tanqueray No. Ten gin £23.50 (was £30) – 1l bottle
- Pickering’s British Airways Centenary Gift Pack gin £8.50 (was £12.50) – 15cl
- Dead Man`s Fingers Spiced Rum £11 (was £18) – 70cl
Prices look competitive – Tesco charges £22 for 70cl of Dead Man’s Fingers, for example.
You will also earn Avios with your purchase at the rate of 2 per £1 spent.
Get a £100 Emirates statement credit from Amex
A chunky offer of a £100 Emirates statement credit has appeared on many American Express accounts. You need to check the ‘Offers’ tab of all of your cards to see if any have been selected.
The £100 refund is triggered when you spend £800 at emirates.com before 30th September.
It is only valid against flights departing from the UK and transactions must be made online.
I would imagine, although this is not certain, that an £800 taxes and charges bill on an Emirates Skywards redemption would trigger the cashback as long as it is charged in Sterling.
Registrations are capped at 20,000 American Express cards. I doubt you’ll find this offer on any British Airways American Express cards ….
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (December 2023)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive 30,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 30,000 Avios) with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. You receive 25,000 points if you spend £3,000 in three months and a further 5,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive a huge 100,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 100,000 Avios) with The Platinum Card. You receive 75,000 points if you spend £10,000 in six months and a further 25,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.