This article is sponsored by British Airways Holidays
British Airways Holidays has launched its latest sale with savings to be made, including for travel next Summer.
EDIT: The sale has been extended to 4th October
What deals are British Airways Holidays offering?
British Airways Holidays is offering up to £300 off holiday packages to any destination, available on trips taken any time before 31st August 2023.
To encourage early booking, these extra discounts are only available until 6th September.
Take a look at their home page here.
Your saving is based on what you spend:
- Spend £10,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £300 per booking
- Spend £5,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £200 per booking
- Spend £2,500 on any holiday package and save £100 per booking
- Spend £1,250 on any holiday package and save £50 per booking
- Spend £650 on a flight + car package and save £25 per booking
Here is a selection of the deals available, based on Economy flights:
- Tenerife – seven nights with breakfast at the 5* Ritz Carlton Abama, which we reviewed here, from £669pp, travelling on selected dates in November 2022
- Corfu – seven nights half board at the 5* Domes of Corfu (which I highly recommend, particularly if you have young kids) from £549pp, travelling on selected dates in April 2023
- Venice – two nights with breakfast at the 5* JW Marriott Venice resort which Rob has reviewed here from £339pp, travelling on selected dates in November 2022
- Dubai – three nights at the 5* Hyatt Regency Dubai from £479pp, travelling on selected dates in June 2023.
- Algarve – seven nights at the brand new 5* W Algarve from £629pp, travelling on selected dates in March 2023
Premium flight and hotel deals include:
- Prague – Club Europe flights and three nights at the 4* Hotel Duo from £299pp, travelling on selected dates in January 2023
- Algarve – Club Europe flights and seven nights with breakfast at the 5* Pestana Vila Sol from £449pp, travelling on selected dates in January 2023
You will receive DOUBLE British Airways Executive Club tier points too
One of the most attractive promotions currently running from any travel company is the British Airways Holidays ‘double tier points’ offer.
(If you are have previously made use of this offer, it now appears that the double tier points are finally starting to land in accounts!)
If you book a ‘flight and hotel’ or ‘flight and car’ package for 5+ nights via BA Holidays, for travel completed by 30th September 2023, you will receive double tier points on your flights.
The eagle-eyed among you may have just done a double take at that September 2023 date. When we wrote about the double tier points offer earlier this week, you had to travel by 31st October 2022 to benefit. However, the double tier points offer has now been extended by 11 months.
This could be hugely beneficial to you. For example, until the end of 2022, you only need 450 Executive Club tier points for Silver status which gets you British Airways lounge access and free seat selection. By pushing out the offer from 30th October 2022, you now have an extra two months of earning double tier points before the thresholds go back to normal on 1st January 2023.
You could even get Silver status in one trip. For example, booking Manchester to Corfu in Club Europe, you would get (40 + 80 + 80 + 40) x 2 = 480 tier points. You get a holiday and up to 25 months of BA lounge access and free seat selection, depending on how you time it.
There are two things to note about the double tier points offer:
- you must book flights which carry a British Airways flight number – codeshare flights with, say, Qatar Airways are acceptable but only if your booking shows a BAXXXX flight number
- whilst your booking must contain at least five nights of hotel or car rental, your overall stay can be longer
Full details of the ‘double tier points’ offer can be found on British Airways Holidays here.
Don’t forget the other benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays
As well as saving money versus buying your flights and hotel separately, there are some other attractive benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays which you may have forgotten about:
- earn double Avios (3 per £1 spent) from Amex when you pay with a British Airways American Express Premium Plus card
- earn 1 Avios per £1 spent at BA Holidays – this is on top of the Avios you earn on your flights plus the Avios you will earn if you pay with a BA American Express card
- you can secure your trip with a small deposit now and pay the balance nearer the date of travel
The British Airways sale is available on bookings made before 20th September 2022 – but you need to book by 6th September to get the additional savings. It is valid for travel until 31st August 2023.
Find out more on the BA Holidays home page here.