This article is sponsored by Marriott Bonvoy
For the third year in a row, Marriott Bonvoy is bringing back its ‘Week of Wonders‘.
From today until 13th October, Marriott Bonvoy will be running a selection of offers and experiences designed to inspire members with their holiday planning.
This includes up to 15% off Marriott Bonvoy redemptions at selected hotels.
HfP has once again teamed up with Marriott Bonvoy to celebrate the Week of Wonders and we will be sharing various offers throughout the week. However, if you can’t wait until then, take a look at the ‘Week of Wonders’ homepage here.
What’s coming up in Week of Wonders?
Over the next few days, we will be focusing on:
- Exclusive Marriott Bonvoy Moments: we’ll be taking a look at how the experience platform ‘Marriot Bonvoy Moments’ works and there will be some exclusive Moments available for Week of Wonders
- Great offers from Homes & Villas by Marriott including double base points and double elite nights on stays of 5+ nights. You can see more about this here.
In the UK, Marriott Bonvoy Moments will be auctioning a ‘Pride of Britain Awards Red Carpet Experience’, including a gala dinner and hotel suite stay.
This Pride of Britain Awards gala experience includes a pre-awards hair appointment at Steven Carey, to ensure you look your best. Regularly attended royalty, celebrities and the Prime Minister, the event begins with walking the red carpet into the venue. After dining among the assorted VIPs, celebrities and sports stars, you’ll be able to end the day in luxury in the Executive Suite at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House London.
More details on how to bid for this experience will follow tomorrow, along with details of other one-off experiences across Europe and the Middle East.
And there’s more ….
Take a look at the ‘Week of Wonders’ homepage here for a sneak peak at some of the other deals available:
- Wonders of Exploration: Members can earn double the points on travel experiences booked through Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities, featuring a large selection of unique experiences
- Wonders of Discovery: Travellers eager to reignite their spirit of discovery can book their next hotel redemption stay for up to 15% fewer points at over 4,500 properties worldwide during Week of Wonders.
- Wonders of Escape: Members can turn their dream hotel into a reality, with 20% off at over 5,900 hotels and resorts across the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
- Wonders of Unwinding: Members can take advantage of 15% off at All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy resorts, which connects travellers to the most sought-after experiences in the most coveted destinations
- Wonders of Inspiration: Week of Wonders is the perfect time to book any of the 76,000+ premium homes available across 700+ destinations with Homes & Villas by Marriott International. Members can earn double the points on bookings made during Week of Wonders, plus earn double Elite Night Credits per stay toward Elite status.
- Wonders of Adventure: Leave the to-do list behind and get lost in your bucket list instead. Earn2,000 bonus points on each eligible stay, starting with your second stay. Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders can earn up to 4000 points. Terms apply.
- Wonders of Luxury: Experience your dream destination and take part in inspiring experiences with a folio credit of up to US$300
What is Marriott Bonvoy?
If you have yet to sign up to Marriott Bonvoy, now is the time. Most of the offers we will be highlighting in the Week of Wonders will be for members only.
Marriott Bonvoy is the loyalty scheme launched by Marriott in February 2019 following its acquisition of Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
Marriott Bonvoy covers 7,000 hotels globally across 30 different brands.
These are (in alphabetical order!): AC Hotels, Aloft, Autograph, Courtyard, Delta Hotels, Design Hotels, Edition, Element, Fairfield Inn, Four Points, Gaylord, Homes & Villas by Marriott, JW Marriott, Le Meridien, Marriott, Marriott Executive Apartments, Moxy, Protea, Renaissance, Residence Inn, St Regis, Sheraton, The Luxury Collection, The Ritz Carlton, Tribute Portfolio, Springhill Suites, TownePlace Suites, W and Westin.
You can join for free on the Marriott Bonvoy home page here. You’ll learn more about what you can get from Marriott Bonvoy in the next few days as ‘Week of Wonders’ unfolds. Our full review of Marriott Bonvoy is here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (December 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive a huge 100,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 100,000 Avios) with The Platinum Card. You receive 75,000 points if you spend £10,000 in six months and a further 25,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive 30,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 30,000 Avios) with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. You receive 25,000 points if you spend £3,000 in three months and a further 5,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)