Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

How to get Avis Preferred Plus status from your Priority Pass

If you have American Express Preferred Rewards Gold or American Express Platinum, you will have a free Priority Pass card for airport lounge access.

Here’s something you may not know.  Holders of a Priority Pass airport lounge access card can claim Preferred Plus status with Avis.

Avis Preferred Plus usually requires five Avis rentals in a year and €1,000 of spending.

Get Avis Preferred Plus status with Priority Pass

What are the benefits of Avis Preferred Plus status?

To be honest, the benefits of Avis Preferred Plus are not huge. You get:

• priority car availability
  • a free extra driver on every trip (already a free benefit if you book via the BA Avis website)
  • a complimentary one-level vehicle upgrade whenever possible
  • voucher for a free European weekend rental after your 3rd rental

You can find out more about the different Avis status levels on their website here.

You can claim your Preferred Plus status by following the link on this page.  There is also a notional ‘20% discount’ for Priority Pass members although this may not beat other partner rates such as the BA one.

If you are reading this from outside the UK, this offer may not be open to you.  You need to be based in:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.

Comments (35)

• David S says:

It’s a complete waste of time when booking a BA Flight plus Car package at Faro as you only ever have a choice of Group A (small) or Group G (expensive) with Avis. All vehicle groups are available with Budget but you get less Avios and no free extra driver. Another example of BA nickel and dining. All the cars are in the same site and they are a common fleet. As a result I tend to book a car with Sixt.

• Andrew M says:

I have the same problem as many in this thread on getting Avis President’s Club status using the AMEX Platinum Card. I was already Avis Preferred with an Avis Preferred 6-digit customer number and contacted AMEX to get the correct login as the enrol version from the AMEX Platinum Benefits webpage does not work (with sympathy to all those who try this route). I used this link: https://avis-preferred.com/amex/index.php#form and used the American Express card type: Platinum. Within four days, my upgrade to the President’s Club was linked to my Avis account as my AMEX Platinum benefit.

• Jim Utd says:

This is spot on, thank you. Just emailed them and been upgraded to Presidents Club from preferred straight away.

• Oliver says:

Wow, this is what I’ve been looking for!!! Thank you ever so much 🙂

• ediflyer says:

Amazing, thanks @Andrew M! Have submitted it now – clicking through from the Amex Plat website just showed the main Avis sign-in page and the account after signing in.

• ediflyer says:

PS received email back the following morning and status updated – Google Wallet/Apple Wallet virtual card (and one you download) doesn’t seem to have changed yet though, hopefully soon. Thanks again 🙂

• Steve Blower. says:

Just to confirm, last night I emailed database.northern@bsc.avis-europe.com with my existing AVIS membership number and my new Priority Pass number, and this morning I got an email saying I had been upgraded. It does show on the AVIS app.