New Four Seasons and Point A Amex hotel cashback offers
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
American Express has launched two more hotel cashback offers, although neither is as generous as the ‘£100 back on £250 Worldhotels’ deal we discussed yesterday.
You can’t argue that Amex doesn’t have something for everyone. You can choose between Four Seasons at around £750 per night or Point A Hotels at nearer £75 ….
New American Express / Four Seasons cashback offer
For only the third time, as far as I know, the luxurious Four Seasons hotel chain has launched a cashback offer with American Express.
You need to look under the ‘Offers’ tab on the statement page of the Amex website, or in the Amex app, for each American Express card you hold. If the offer is there, you need to click ‘Save to Card’ to activate it.
You will receive £150 cashback when you spend £750 at selected Four Seasons hotels. Last time this offer ran it was £200 off £1,000 of spending.
The participating hotels are:
- Four Seasons Hotel London At Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel London At Ten Trinity Square
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
- Four Seasons Hotel Megeve
- Four Seasons Hotel Milan
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
- Four Seasons Hotel Madrid
- Four Seasons Hotel Des Bergues Geneva
The offer runs to 7th July.
If you are based in or around London, you probably know that Four Seasons Hampshire is – by a large margin – the best upmarket weekend break option for a family.
We have been visiting since before we had children, so for 16-17 years now, and have probably done around 75 nights over the years. The recent addition of a kids pool made it even better for young children and has relieved some of the pressure on the main pool. Beware the new 5% service charge though.
If you are booking a Four Seasons hotel to take advantage of this deal, you should book via our luxury hotel booking partner Emyr Thomas at Bon Vivant.
As a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, your booking will usually come with:
- free breakfast (this is a big saving at Four Seasons)
- room upgrade if available at check-in
- a hotel credit (usually $100 or equivalent, may be restricted to certain services)
….. and some other bits and pieces depending on property.
Importantly, Emyr can usually get these benefits on ANY rate showing on the Four Seasons website, so you are virtually certain to get a better deal by using him. You pay on departure as usual so there is no issue getting the cashback.
You can contact Emyr via the form on this page of HfP.
New American Express / Point A Hotels cashback offer
Point A Hotels isn’t a group that gets a lot of coverage on HfP, although we run occasional reviews of the Point A Hotels ‘A List’ loyalty scheme.
Point A Hotels is a small chain of ten low-cost properties. Seven are in London (Shoreditch, Kensington Olympia, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Canary Wharf, Westminster and Paddington) plus one each in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dublin.
The Shoreditch hotel – click here – gives you a good example of how the chain operates. The two photos above and below are of Shoreditch. The model is simple:
- Hotels are based in city centre locations, close to key attractions
- Rooms are small but very well equipped – Hypnos beds, power showers, 40 inch smart TV, hairdryers, mood lighting, safe, air conditioning
- Rooms are not fully cleaned during your stay – unless you stay 4+ days – but are ‘refreshed’ daily
- Continental breakfast is available for £9, except at Canary Wharf and Westminster where it isn’t offered at all
- ‘Grab and go’ snacks are available in the lobby
- There is no full restaurant
This allows Point A to offer rooms from £32 per night off-peak in Scotland (Glasgow goes that low according to the ‘lowest price’ website feature, although I’m not sure when) and £90 per night off-peak in London, which is exceptional value at the moment.
A-List is NOT a traditional hotel loyalty programme. You don’t earn any points and you can’t earn a free room for doing lots of stays. What you DO get is 10% off your bookings, which would stack with the Amex cashback offer, so it is worth joining purely for that.
You can sign up for A-List here.
What does the American Express deal offer?
If you are targetted, the Amex deal will get you 15% back on your next booking.
The maximum booking value for receiving cashback is £300 (you will get a fixed £45 on bookings higher than £300 if I understand the rules properly) and it is not a cumulative offer – it seems to be based on your first transaction only.
All 10 sites listed above are taking part.
The Point A Hotels website is here if you want to find out more or make a booking.
Hotel offers update – June 2023:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 18th July. Click here.
- IHG One Rewards is offering an 80% bonus when you buy points by 7th June. Click here.
- Marriott Rewards is offering a 30%-50% bonus when you buy points by 2nd July. Click here.