Members of Eurostar’s Club Eurostar loyalty programme were given a very brief outline of the new loyalty programme yesterday.
Following the merger of Eurostar with European train operator Thalys, the respective loyalty schemes of the two companies are coming together later this year.
Club Eurostar members will see fewer changes than their My Thalys World counterparts. The name will be unchanged and we have been told that key benefits such as the ability of Carte Blanche members to use fast track security and the lounges will remain.
If you go into the T&C for the new programme, a bit more detail emerges:
- membership years will be reset to run from 1st October, so there could be some issues over the status you receive for 2024
- there will be a new top status tier above Carte Blanche called Étoile Club
- the only stated benefit of Étoile Club so far is the ability to guest two people into the lounge and through Fast Track security (Carte Blanche only gets one guest)
- Carte Blanche and Étoile Club members will be able to access Railteam lounges in Europe if using Thalys
- points earning will change to 1 point per €1 spent or 1.2 points per £1 spent
- Train & Hotel packages will earn at half of the above rates
- Value and Anytime rewards will remain, as will the ability to redeem points for upgrades or a cash discount
We’ll cover this topic in more detail as more information is released.
How to get Club Eurostar points and lounge access from UK credit cards (September 2023)
Club Eurostar does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Club Eurostar points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 1,333 Club Eurostar points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 2,000 Club Eurostar points. Card benefits include Eurostar lounge access.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 666 Club Eurostar points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 15:1 into Club Eurostar points which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, so you will get the equivalent of 1 Club Eurostar point for every £15 you spend.
American Express Platinum comes with a great Eurostar benefit – Eurostar lounge access!
You can enter any Eurostar lounge, irrespective of your ticket type, simply by showing The Platinum Card at the desk. No guests are allowed but you can get entry for your partner by issuing them with a free supplementary Amex Platinum card on your account.