Forums › Hotel loyalty schemes › IHG One Rewards › Upgrades at InterContinental with Diamond + Ambassador Status › Reply To: Upgrades at InterContinental with Diamond + Ambassador Status
As far as they are concerned it’s an upgrade.
hotels have stratified rooms so much that an east side room with a view of one part of the city is an upgrade over a west side view of it. Or a higher floor north view is better than a lower north one.
(At least you got an email. I’m due at an IC tonight and not or a sniff of one yet)
Maybe receiving an email is considered an upgrade also 😉
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- NorthernLass on More IHG points wierdness
- NorthernLass on Lifts in Terminal 5
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
- HFPCar on BA LHR to SAW
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.