Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club 160 tier point routes (prior to any holiday x2 bonuses) run from Heathrow Reply To: 160 tier point routes (prior to any holiday x2 bonuses) run from Heathrow

JDB 4,619 posts

… then back to Sofia to stay in the IC? There is also a smart new Hyatt to consider and a couple of very nice small boutique hotels in the Oborishte district of the city. The IC is not the only game in town.

I had indeed looked at other options, including the Hyatt and Sense (Design Hotel, bookable through Marriott Bonvoy) but the IC offered the best deal (there was a special status discount)

I stayed at the IC Sofia this week – it’s just OK, if seriously dreary. The Sense Hotel looks a bit grubby. I don’t really like these big chain hotels anyway, but if IC is supposed to be the flagship brand (Regent & 6S notwithstanding) this isn’t a great example, but it was very cheap, sub £100 night. One oddity is that all the Club rooms have the mountain view, although it is a very distant mountain and not much of a view. The Cathedral view rooms (same size, type and spec) on the front actually look out over the parliament building and the top of the cathedral with its golden domes and is by far the better aspect, I checked two rooms of each side. The Club isn’t worth the candle; far better to spend the money on drinks in one of the many nice park bars and as for breakfast, they can keep it. The Floret restaurant menu has been significantly downgraded for covid and I think also pending a new rooftop restaurant opening. Lots of better, cheaper, more fun places in walking distance.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.