Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Wizz Air flight cancellation reason Reply To: Wizz Air flight cancellation reason

creterob 1 post

We were due to take the Wizzair Gatwick to Chania flight on 13 September but it was cancelled at the gate. We were told that they did not have enough staff
So, at about 9-30pm in the evening, we were given a piece of paper and basically told to contact wizzair on their helpline and rebook. The next Gatwick – Chania flight was in 48 hours.
Their Helpline was continually busy so we decided to make our own arrangements. We stayed at a hotel at Gatwick over night and booked a new flight with Wizzair from Gatwick to Athens for the next morning. We then had to book another arline from Athens to Chania.

We claimed immediately for 4 x 400 euro for the compensation for the cancelled flight plus hotel expenses, refreshment expenses and the costs for the Athens to Chania flight with another airline. in total about 2700 euro

57 days later i have received a reply from Wizzair , saying that they will not pay any hotel expenses, refreshments or the flights to Chania with another airline. Their reason is that we are not entitled to it as we did not book another flight with wizzair. We actually did, but reading the regulations, this should not matter in any case.

For the 4 x 400 euro compensation amount they for the cancellation they have stated they will pay 400 euro only and it will have to be in credits to our wizzair account.

They have had a firm reply explaining to them that this is not acceptable.

Im not holding my breath for a quick reply.

Any other suggestions for what i can do ?

thanks in advance

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.