Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclays Avios upgrade voucher v specified amount of Avios – annual bonus Reply To: Barclays Avios upgrade voucher v specified amount of Avios – annual bonus

MF176 187 posts

At a cost of £15 a month for the premium card (with Premier bank account), the voucher has ‘cost’ £180 to generate (a basic sum not taking into account the value placed on the Avios generated from spending….cos it’s late where I am right now and basic is all I can do).

At the usual valuation of 1p per Avios, 10K = £100. Thus you have recouped just over 6 months worth of the card fee for a voucher that I would personally struggle to generate anything more than £50-60 on when using short haul. Not sure I’d ever bother using it long haul – too many downsides what with the nonsense max Avios pricing, having to fly on BA metal, and the charges, fees and taxes (CFTs – hoping to start a trend to rename TFCs in the correct order of p155taking) that are still high compared to ex-EU (I can do ex-DUB at zero marginal cost due to personal circumstances).

Not sure the relevance of the “£15 a month for the premium card” – this offer (as per email from Barclays in November) pertains to the anniversary on Avios Rewards, nothing to do with the credit card which by chance also gives an identical voucher…

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.