Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club The ‘How to book the return leg with 2-4-1 companion voucher’ thread Reply To: The ‘How to book the return leg with 2-4-1 companion voucher’ thread

No Longer Entitled 122 posts

I can’t see how the date on which you book the return legs should be relevant to BA linking the bookings and returning the avios. There could be all sorts of reasons why you did it they way you propose, including no availability for months. I’m not sure the BA Customer Service rep would even have any way of knowing, or caring, that the seats had been available prior to your booking. All they will want in my experience is your BA Exec number and for you to clear security.

That said, if you are just a “few thousand” avios away from the return then BA have a bonus on avios for the next 4 days whereby you receive an additional 40%, Might be worth considering if it is a small amount just for the certainty?

Current prices, including the bonus amount, for a few thousand as per:

2,800 £47
4,200 £63
5,600 £79
7,000 £95

Maybe better than running the risk of the seats going or BA changing ‘policy’ to the extent that linking and refunding is policy!?!

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.