Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Newbie to Avios and BAPP – best use of potential Avios points? Reply To: Newbie to Avios and BAPP – best use of potential Avios points?

omariqy 33 posts

Sorry for the bump but looking to sort out the Platinum card today and could do with some help please.

I don’t think you should take your OH’s higher credit limit as a guide to anything. Amex has generally got tighter on credit, so they could decide they have already extended enough to her, even if she doesn’t use that credit and pays back the full sum each month. Amex relies on all sorts of metrics to determine eligibility, so you should decide who wants the card. You shouldn’t cancel your existing cards first as you could both be unsuccessful in applying for a new one. The idea that anyone can chop and change cards without risk ended a while ago.

Thanks JDB. In terms of the referral, can she refer me again via the her app even though I am already with Amex?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.