Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Need a Crash Course for Booking Reply To: Need a Crash Course for Booking

Saltrams 15 posts

Just a thought. You said you want to book economy and upgrade to business class. Have you checked that’s the cheapest way to do it.
No, I didn’t realise that price would be an issue. I have learnt that the cheapest fare can’t be upgraded but I assumed some could be.
Chances are that the cheapest economy tickets are not upgradeable, so you might be better off using going for business class seats in the first place as the co-pay on top of the miles may work out less than the economy seat you will need to buy.
This whole Avios thing is a minefield isn’t it? Sigh.
Also, Q-suites are not guaranteed. Qatar are notorious for swapping planes at the last minute leaving you with a non-Q-suite business class seat. It won’t be bad of course, but don’t get your heart set on q-suites.

Actually notorious? What are they doing with the Q Suite a/c at the last minute?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.