@JDB I find it ridiculous that Amex’s second level product “Gold” has better features than it’s leading supposedly premier offering “Plat”. You would think they would be adding the 2MR on foreign spend on the latter, but then many an Amex decision makes one bat an eyelid.
It’s only better if you value the benefit. You might get 2MR points on foreign spend but you have to pay FX fee which cancels out some of that. There are a number of FX free cards that you can use. For people whose % of total spend in other currency are not that high, the 2MR benefit before FX fee is very low.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- yorkshireRich on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Best Amex option for my wife?
- t42 on Heathrow and Hong Kong lounges for first status trip
- Richie on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- LeeClarke1 on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- Bill_B on Avios not refunded
- BBbetter on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Avios not refunded
- damboy5 on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- Richie on Exec Club year resets – What happens to bonus tier points for BA Holidays?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.