To be fair to BA, Transformation Director roles are becoming all the more important and much more common(albeit my data points in other industries).
Organisations are struggling to articulate a purpose and strategy at the top table. Then much lower down, day to day operational changes (through an investment portfolio book of work) are designed / tested / built / deployed.
I have seen a number of firms not join the two – ie changes taking a company away from its core strategy because they haven’t aligned them (almost by accident) or not prioritised, resourced or funded them. Or sometimes balance too much regulatory and not enough discretionary investment “realise strategy” spend etc.
I interpret the role as a bit about acting as this interface and they’re probably deciding to introduce this capability rather than off load it to a McKinsey or Bain.
Pardon? For a private sector organisation share holder value should be the objective, simple. The conundrum is oft when management pursues a short term maximisation to secure their remuneration
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- DJ on Combinations of ALL paid programs
- Super Secret Stuff on Flying Blue Status Match Offer
- Rob Burgess on Nectar conversion rate changing
- Marco Polo on Cash Advance fee on Virgin credit card
- WillPS on Nectar conversion rate changing
- NorthernLass on Best way to manage Barclaycard Upgrade voucher
- BBbetter on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- rams on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- BBbetter on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- GeoffGeoff on Flying Blue Status Match Offer
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.