Claim on your insurance. You can ask BA, but ultimately you would want to be put back in the same situation. And that’s for your insurance. And the problem.
BA could – at their discretion – refund the miles, vouchers, and cash. Anything else is goodwill.
Your insurer – at their discretion – could put you back into a situation as if you hadn’t travelled. Avios and vouchers have a value. But I think it puts you “right”, not to keep what the Avios and vouchers promised. That has gone.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- AL on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- davefl on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- Michael C on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- SamG on First time help with MR redemption …. for SIN-DPS
- Man of Kent on Washington DC and Seattle things to do/see?
- Cornell on Free 8000 Virgin Red points for [some] 02 customers
- aso40 on Anyone received TP/Avios yet on a Cathay P Class Business ticket?
- can2 on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- jintycat on Car hire in New Zealand advice
- Pogonation on BA companion voucher anomaly
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.