Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Using a BA 241 voucher with a three person family

• Robm 55 posts

RE Barclays upgrade voucher – I found these details from Rob’s article – to save someone else looking for them. Note – these won’t start being issued until Feb – so we will see how they work in practice!

A family of three could unofficially combine an Amex 2-4-1 voucher and a Barclays upgrade voucher on the same trip. Two seats could be booked with the companion voucher and the third seat booked with the Barclays Avios Rewards upgrade voucher. You would need to make two separate bookings to do this.

You cannot book a World Traveller Plus ticket on Avios and then ring up BA to upgrade it to Club World if two Club World seats open up later. You would need to cancel the original booking and make a fresh one.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Oh, I think I forgot to add the 3rd adult to my friends & family / household account.
    That’s probably why it didn’t work for me.

Robm 55 posts

@Aston100 – yeah, all of mine were in household/ friends list

NorthernLass 7,574 posts

@NorthernLass – the booking + dummy bookings included 1 child. Most of them were 3 adults + 1 child using 1×241. Some were 2 adults and 1 child.

I didn’t get any kind of error with any of them.

Interesting – I’ve booked for adults and a child previously, and when I called You First to add the return leg the CSA was confused that there were 3 of us on the booking as she didn’t know you could have more than 2 pax on a 241 trip.

ediflyer 19 posts

@NorthernLass – have definitely done it a few times when flying with my parents – 2 on a 241 and third in same PNR on Avios only (ie 3 adults).

ediflyer 19 posts

PS just managed online this time as wasn’t an open jaw – as long as they’re in your HHA then just click to use one 241 voucher and 3 adults. Sadly no option to use a cabin upgrade voucher on the 3rd person!

Joecooljoe 49 posts

Just to add. I was recently incorrectly told twice I couldn’t use a 2for1 in a booking with 3 pax, however this only applies if using the enhanced availability from the voucher. The last time tje agent was pretty off with me (ive been here ten years and would knowm..) but I stood ground nicely and asked him to check and then he came back and apologised and was actually a delight for the rest of the call.

NorthernLass 7,574 posts

As I said previously, it’s possible but a lot of agents don’t seem to know about it. I’ve also been told that it only works if the 3rd etc pax is a child, but again that’s not correct. I booked WTP seats to MIA for 3 adults yesterday with a 241 as some availability for next Easter popped up unexpectedly on SeatSpy (definitely worth the subscription!)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.