Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios 50,000 sign up bonus

• FFoxSake 217 posts

T&Cs – note confirmation of the 2 year gap needed to get another bonus after closure in item 4 below.
    https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/avios-plus-double-welcome-bonus-terms

Double Welcome Bonus – Barclaycard Avios Plus Terms and Conditions
    Introduction

1. This document sets out the terms and conditions for a double welcome bonus for Barclaycard Avios Plus (the “Double Welcome Bonus Offer”). If you’re new to Barclaycard, you’ll collect 50,000 Avios (usually 25,000 Avios) if you spend £3,000 in your first three months.

2. These Double Welcome Bonus Offer terms and conditions are separate to your credit agreement (your Barclaycard terms and conditions). These rules explain how you can qualify for the 50,000 Avios Double Welcome Bonus Offer. You should read them together with your Barclaycard terms and conditions.

Eligibility

3. You’ll qualify for the offer provided that you:

Are new to Barclaycard

Have applied for the Barclaycard Avios Plus during the qualifying period from 20 June 2022 to 18 July 2022

Have been accepted for the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card

Spend £3,000 in your first three months

4. We’ll only apply one Avios welcome bonus in relation to your card to your British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) account during the lifetime of your card account. If you close your card account after you receive your Avios welcome bonus and then open another Barclaycard Avios card account within 2 years after you closed the original account, you will not be eligible for another Avios welcome bonus.

Receiving your double welcome bonus

5. To enable you to use your Avios, a BAEC account will be created for you when you are accepted for your card account, unless you choose to use your existing BAEC membership. In order to collect Avios, your card will be linked with your BAEC account. This account must be open at the time your bonus Avios are credited to you.

6. Once you reach the qualifying spend amount, the Avios Double Welcome Bonus will be added to your BAEC account on the second working day of the following month.

7. The BAEC and all Avios issued and redeemed under these rules are subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions which are available at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/terms-and-conditions

8. If your BAEC account has been closed when the Avios are scheduled to be loaded, we will be unable to credit your account with the 50,000 Avios.

Tax Implications

9. You’re responsible for your own tax obligations. It’s your choice if you want to seek independent legal and tax advice. We aren’t responsible for determining any tax liability you might have because you’re earning Avios, and we aren’t able to advise you on this.

Changing these rules

10. Barclaycard reserves the right to withdraw or amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we withdraw the scheme and you remain eligible for the 50,000 Avios, we will credit this to your BAEC account.

General

11. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this promotion.

12. The Promoter of this offer is Barclays Bank PLC of 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.

robkeane 78 posts

JDB “your comment implies annoyance that they have been quite smart and lured the SUB tarts early”

Are you saying that’s what HFP did, acted as a lure for the SUB tarts given they were the major launch partner at a lower bonus level ?

No. ‘They’ clearly refers to Barclaycard which has played people at their own game.

To play the game you need a suitable playing field with participates that have been trained to play. Agent fees often apply.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    jayjay 74 posts

Ah damn! Guessing those who signed up a few months ago for half the bonus aren’t eligible 🙁

WillPS 194 posts

Makes me seriously think about whether I should close my legacy 0.5% cashback card and hope there’s a bonus early next year.

I’ve been doing quite well off their Visa offers recently but they’re mostly duplicated by my Natwest Reward now.

trader363 109 posts

If I signed up a friend and he was willing to “give” me the avios – what’s the best way to transfer it to me? I’m guessing transferring his nectar points to my nectar account? I’m sure there must be a limit though

Isn’t that potentially a way of saying “Dear BA, could you please close my BAEC account and cancel all my Avios and Tier Points?”

Haha I see how my initial comment read – I literally meant getting a friend to sign up and transfer the value to me in some form . . . .or yes, be able to book a flight for me from his avios account. The latter seems a lot cleaner

davet 107 posts

When I signed up I get a message saying that I have been approved for a barclaycard – we cant give you the exact card you select but we can give you the offer below.

Then it says its the barclaycard Avios plus but in the details it says 25k bonus after 3k spend

is that just a missprint on the page or are they saying I only qualify for the lower bonus?

lollyfry 44 posts

My OH was declined back in Feb, has anyone who was originally declined when the card was launch successfully reapplied?

tw33ty 187 posts

A month or so ago I pointed out how short our memories are with Barclaycard and what they done in the past, I was told by someone I was being silly and I was leaving a couple of hundred on the table for not going for it.

Guess with this new 50k offer and with all the teething problems sorted out that it’s now time for me and p2 to put a quick 6k spend for at the very least, £800 sainsbuys shopping.

Tbh I do feel a bit for the early adopters.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

@tweety – you win some, you lose some! Player 2 got 40k avios and an upgrade voucher which he has used to very kindly take me to Vegas in CW for my birthday next year 😂. It coincided nicely with having to pay the balloon payment on a car with a non-Amex card. Only paid one lot of £20 fees so still feels like we did well out of it.

tw33ty 187 posts

Yeah we’ll be the same only one lot of £20 fees each. seems good for £40, then down to free one for random non Amex spend, and on case they’ll bring in Amex or virgin style card spend offers.

ecugkq30 56 posts

Hi, looking to sign up player 2 for the bonus. The pre-credit check form however only looks at their income and not household income, and as she is a contractor her monthly “salary” appears low as we draw down dividends when we need to. Is there a min required salary? Amex changed this to look at household income so frustrating Barclays havent done the same

JDB 4,374 posts

Hi, looking to sign up player 2 for the bonus. The pre-credit check form however only looks at their income and not household income, and as she is a contractor her monthly “salary” appears low as we draw down dividends when we need to. Is there a min required salary? Amex changed this to look at household income so frustrating Barclays havent done the same

Amex is unusual in many ways. They are essentially relying on someone else bailing you out if things go wrong which often doesn’t happen as the second applicant may be applying because the first is already overstretched and they might split up etc.

Anyway, many people like your player 2 have irregular incomes, including dividends, so you need to put down whatever is truthful and you could evidence with tax returns, bank statements etc. An average might be acceptable if a reasonably true reflection. The minimum income is £20k.

Thegasman 204 posts

That’s the price you pay for leaving the rest of society to pickup the bill for the NI you avoid with her artificially low “salary” 😉

robkeane 78 posts

When applying for a supplementary card, do bclays require that the supplementary card holder resides at the same address as the main cardholder ?

JDB 4,374 posts

When applying for a supplementary card, do bclays require that the supplementary card holder resides at the same address as the main cardholder ?

Yes, inter alia :”Additional cardholders must be over 18, a close family member and live at your current address.”

gavman99 22 posts

I applied for the 50k bonus offer and was accepted. This morning I received my Avios Barclaycard through the post. However when I log into the Barclaycard app, it shows my progress towards a 25k bonus rather than 50k. Is this expected or an error ?

I definitely applied via the HfP link and haven’t had any other Barclaycard products in the past 2 years.

Thanks.

FatherOfFour 283 posts

I applied for the 50k bonus offer and was accepted. This morning I received my Avios Barclaycard through the post. However when I log into the Barclaycard app, it shows my progress towards a 25k bonus rather than 50k. Is this expected or an error ?

I definitely applied via the HfP link and haven’t had any other Barclaycard products in the past 2 years.

Thanks.

Quite often “special offers” aren’t coded into the trackers on apps- that goes for both Amex and Barclaycard in my experience. It shows the default SUB, then the full amount is often delivered at the end in one bulk, or in 2 stages.

I had the initial 25k bonus and 5k “goodwill” came separate, as did the 5k HfP bonus for those who got that. If you can evidence your application date with a screenshot of the offer you should be fine!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.