Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club A flight on my tier point year end date ….

• Amy C 372 posts

My tier point year end date is June 8th. If I fly somewhere on June 8th does it credit to the old year or the next year?

Lady London 2,045 posts

I think flights are credited based on the departure date and time, local time as to where they’re departing from. I believe if it departs, say, a day later due to irrops then it would technically be attributable to the earlier year but I’m not sure if that would be automatically done or if you’d have to claim.

But I believe the first day of your new year is the 9th

jjoohhnn 28 posts

Which do you want it to count towards?! They allow a 2-week grace period for flights after the year end to let you requalify, although you can’t do it the otherway if you want it in the new TP year.

Amy C 372 posts

Thanks both. I’d like to to count towards the following year. I want to do a Belfast day trip for the Titanic Experience but June 8th is about the only free day off I have when there won’t be millions of kids about this Summer. Looks like I’ll wait until September!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

They may post in your new year but they will count towards your old one.

That can’t be changed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.