Forums › Frequent flyer programs › British Airways Executive Club › A flight on my tier point year end date ….
A flight on my tier point year end date ….
Discuss today's stories:
My tier point year end date is June 8th. If I fly somewhere on June 8th does it credit to the old year or the next year?
I think flights are credited based on the departure date and time, local time as to where they’re departing from. I believe if it departs, say, a day later due to irrops then it would technically be attributable to the earlier year but I’m not sure if that would be automatically done or if you’d have to claim.
But I believe the first day of your new year is the 9th
Which do you want it to count towards?! They allow a 2-week grace period for flights after the year end to let you requalify, although you can’t do it the otherway if you want it in the new TP year.
Thanks both. I’d like to to count towards the following year. I want to do a Belfast day trip for the Titanic Experience but June 8th is about the only free day off I have when there won’t be millions of kids about this Summer. Looks like I’ll wait until September!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
Bits: get your HfP Summer Party tickets, Priority Pass adds a Terminal 5 spa experience
New mega-carrier Riyadh Air reveals its livery as it starts delivery of 72 long haul aircraft
Priority Pass and Plaza Premium kiss and make up – you can access Plaza lounges from today
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Amy C on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- edwitten on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- DonLee on British Airways not showing Cathay reward availability
- Richie on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- Travel Strong on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- abrack on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- ukpolak on Application successful but no confirmation email
- gtellez on Chat thread – Saturday 10th June
- zio on Is voucher expiry “Book by”, or “Travel outbound by”?
- SamG on Marriot hotel trying to charge for child stay on a points redemption booking
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.