Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Additional 5K points

• TerryTierPoints 71 posts

Received this SMS 25 March:

“Thanks for choosing our new Avios Plus card. We know you may have seen some issues in the first few weeks and we’re very sorry about that. We’ll be adding 5000 extra Avios points to your BA Executive Club account within the next 6 weeks. Thanks for bearing with us. Your Barclaycard Team”

Anyone received the points yet? Cutting it fine with 2 days to go!

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

There are about 3 different threads discussing this at the moment!

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

There are about 3 different threads discussing this at the moment!

Aren’t they discussing the HfP bigger sign up bonus which arrived after initial card launch; not the 5K goodwill for people who signed up at launch?

5K goodwill is not exclusively for HfP brokered sign-ups, right? I applied directly.

I could be wrong! The threads are becoming a mess.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Oh the goodwill – yes I’m waiting for that as well. I think it’s had a few mentions on one of the general avios/BC threads. I can’t remember exactly what was announced but I have it in my head that it’ll appear early this month. I vaguely recall getting a text from BC.
    (Checks phone). I have the same text from them on March 25th saying it’ll be within the next 6 weeks. So it should be any time now, hopefully!

dougzz99 623 posts

Posting Avios on time is the one bit of Barclays I don’t have anything to moan about, but given their generals levels I’m sure they’ll go all out to make that a problem too.

Stu 38 posts

Goodwill gestures fail to be ‘goodwill’ when you have to start chasing them! And what’s the betting if we do start chasing them, nobody will know anything about it or what to do? Barclaycard have really made a hash of this launch …

alig4th 322 posts

Goodwill gestures fail to be ‘goodwill’ when you have to start chasing them!

Agreed. Also, the text I got (also on 25 March) says:

“We’ll be adding 5000 extra Avios points to your BA Executive Club account *within* the next 6 weeks”

Not *after*, not *at*, but “within*. Even if the points appear by tomorrow (i.e. 6 weeks from 25 March – and I’m not holding my breath!), I’d say Barclaycard’s wording on the text would have been a bit disingenuous at the least.

(Similar to Amex’s “in rare circumstances” points/cashback can take up up 90 days… Although from reading these forums it seems anything but “rare”!)

Stu 38 posts

Goodwill gestures fail to be ‘goodwill’ when you have to start chasing them!

Agreed. Also, the text I got (also on 25 March) says:

“We’ll be adding 5000 extra Avios points to your BA Executive Club account *within* the next 6 weeks”

Not *after*, not *at*, but “within*. Even if the points appear by tomorrow (i.e. 6 weeks from 25 March – and I’m not holding my breath!), I’d say Barclaycard’s wording on the text would have been a bit disingenuous at the least.

Excellent point! I’ve just tweeted them to this effect … I’ll report back if/when they reply … not holding my breath.

BlueHorizonUK 39 posts

My 5k showed up this afternoon but dated 29 April

alig4th 322 posts

Well what do you know, mine turned up this afternoon, too! Genuinely shocked, but glad.

bartas8891 37 posts

The same here. Description “Finance Card: Barclaycard Avios Plus Award” but still waiting for 25k to post.

can 506 posts

I’ve got mine too. Similarly dated Apr 29.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Player 2 has received the 25k and 5k.
    Time to cancel this troublesome card.

colinc57 40 posts

Application made in the second round ( with 5k HFP bonus). .. 5k in BA account today

Stu 38 posts

I tweeted them and before I even received their reply, the 5000 points were in my account. To be honest, it’s very rare I’ve seen points post in my BA account later than around 7am which is when their systems normally update. Me thinks this was done as a one off manual exercise, hence the points posting in the afternoon. Still, they’re there, that’s all that matters 👍

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Got mine as well – well I presume that’s what’s boosted my balance as my BA account is saying I have no recent transactions 🙄

Blindman67 135 posts

The same here. Description “Finance Card: Barclaycard Avios Plus Award” .

+1

Nothing in the App at the moment though.

VinZ 142 posts

Ahem, am I the only one who’s got 3x 5,000 avios bonus? They all posted today…

I have a screenshot but not sure how to post it?

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Maybe you’ve got mine – when I double checked my extra 5k were coincidentally from the BAPP this month!

ChrisA 12 posts

Ssh!

VinZ 142 posts

Deleted!

VinZ 142 posts

Ssh!

Lol! Should I delete?

marshy11 247 posts

We had 2x5k – well done on your 3x !!

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Is anyone else getting a message in their BAEC account that they have no recent transactions or that their transactions can’t be shown at this time? I’ve been getting both of these for a couple of days now!

Gary 293 posts

Yes with the app. Ok when checking online. Also received the extra 5000 points via HfP link… thanks HfP team.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.