Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Aegean reverting back to normal renewal requirements this year?

• Dubious 33 posts

I’m planning some trips that will take place after the next year of my Aegean Miles&Bonus membership starts, later in 2023.
    Does anyone know if they will be reverting back to their standard / pre-COVID-19 renewal requirement for Gold now?

They don’t show the status renewal requirement until the year begins, and I have flights book that should be enough to retain under the current reduced thresholds, but probably not under the original requirements. I need to work out whether to book another trip with cash or redeem some miles (the latter will help me use up some that will otherwise expire).

Olly 242 posts

I can see that I need 8k to retain silver (same as pre-Covid), so would assume that one would need 12k to retain gold

Dubious 33 posts

Thank you!

Pangolin 108 posts

They’ve already reverted (if your qualification was after May 2022).

I need 12k + 4 A3/OA segments to retain gold by August.

MKB 71 posts

Email this evening gives notice of changes from 1 June.

Qualification and retention do not change if you do four Aegean or Olympic Air sectors, but, if you don’t, there are substantial increases. Gold, for example, will require 70,000 miles to retain or attain.

Dubious 33 posts

Ah good timing. I re-did my calculations and I should be ok 👍🏻

The increased requirement from Silver to Gold certainly helps increase the motivation to renew.

MKB 71 posts

It was nice when the Swiss First Class sales came along to be able to get Star Alliance Gold renewed with Aegean in a single trip.

But having to do the four A3 flights is not too bad. A round trip to an Aegean destination via Athens does it, and the Gold upgrade vouchers usually get you business class for just the extra UK departure tax on all flights.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.