Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Scottydogg 9 posts

I booked an Air Alaska redemption flight from Seattle to San Francisco through BA last night.
    When i got the confirmation email i noticed on there it said no Checked baggage allowance , i always thought points redemption tickets came with 1 checked bag ?
    Its not the end of the world if i have to pay for a bag , the flight only cost 11,000 avios plus £4.40 in taxes .

LittleNick 129 posts

When i got the confirmation email i noticed on there it said no Checked baggage allowance , i always thought points redemption tickets came with 1 checked bag ?

No, not always, it used too on AA in the US but this ended some years ago. So imagine Alaska is the same. If you have Oneworld Emerald or above status this should be waived.

Stu_N 103 posts

Alaska structure their tickets as coming with no checked bags then a fee waiver so I expect you don’t get a checked bag.

Have a look at the waivers,

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/baggage/baggage-fee-waivers-exceptions

The most likely ones to apply are OneWorld status – if you’re BA Bronze or higher or have booked First then you get at least 2 free bags. We flew with them around California and Vegas last autumn, no complaints at all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.