Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club AirPortr free trial (but sadly quite limited….)

• Gagravarr 62 posts

No good for me because of where I live, and pretty limited on the shiny cards it applies to, but I wonder if it’s the sign of more to come?

We have partnered with AirPortr to offer you a complimentary baggage collection so you can travel light on your upcoming flight from London Heathrow Terminal 5.

This exclusive service is available for London collection addresses and parts of Surrey, whether this is from your home, hotel or office. You can choose a convenient pick-up time and track your bags from doorstep to plane.

The fine print:

This offer is exclusively available to Premier cardholders, Executive Club Gold Guest List and Gold Guest List for Life Members who have a forward booking with a British Airways operated flight departing from London Heathrow Terminal 5 between 18 February 2022 and 20 February 2022. Baggage collection will be provided by AirPortr and is only available for London collection addresses and parts of Surrey.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Very limited 🙂

How odd. Surely AirPortr only has modest capacity and can’t scale up for just three days?

Gavin454 159 posts

Out of the few BAEC members eligible, the one’s who 1) know about this offer, 2) want to try this service, 3) are flying on one of those three dates, 4) are taking luggage with them, and 5) live in the right area… I imagine they could probably be counted on one hand.

Jacob 223 posts

I just got an email from BA offering me complimentary baggage collection with AirPortr (I’m “only” Gold). The flight is on Friday (18th), I got the email today (15th) and the T&C’s in the email say the offer is valid between 11th and 13th March. When trying to book it quotes £30. However, when I go through the process it actually becomes £0 and lets me book the collection. As much as the email and UI are confusing it might actually work and be complimentary! Will give it a go and see.

Full T&C’s in the email for a reference:
    Complimentary AirPortr baggage collection – This offer is available to selected customers due to travel on a British Airways operated flight departing from London Heathrow Airport between 11 and 13 March 2022. Baggage collection will be provided by AirPortr and is only available for London collection addresses and parts of Surrey. To check whether AirPortr covers your address, please visit airportr.com. To qualify for the complimentary service, you must book using the link provided in this email and provide evidence of your eligibility at baggage collection, otherwise, your booking may be cancelled, or you may be charged. There is limited availability for this offer. For full details, visit airportr.com

Jacob 223 posts

* sorry, today’s 16th 🤦 … (can’t edit for some reason)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.