Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Alaska Airlines reward bookings – how can you pull up your details?

• JD_traveller 18 posts

Hi all. Have booked a reward flight through BA using Avios for an Alaska flight. Have tried to manage my booking on BA and it’s not possible, and Alaska don’t accept either the locator from BA or the e-ticket number on their site.

Does anyone have any experience with how to get around this?

Was super hesitate about the booking as wanted to get the tier points, but great value against the First Class flight costs ok US domestic.

Lyn 188 posts

You may need to contact either BA or Alaska to ask for the Alaska airlines “Confirmation Code” for your booking. They use a different system to BA so this will not be the same as your BA one.

If you were to book a BA flight using Alaska miles they would include both the BA and Alaska codes in your e-ticket e-mail and their equivalent to “Manage My Booking” but I can’t remember if BA does this as well. Perhaps worth another look? It is usually 6 letters (no numbers).

Alaska may be easier to reach than BA at the moment. They give contact options on their web-site including what looks like an international toll-free number to use from the UK. Their customer service staff are usually very helpful.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/about-us/help-contact?lid=nav:contactUs

JD_traveller 18 posts

Thanks Lyn. Great shout! I tried Alaska live chat who weren’t able to help me as they don’t have access to the booking system (!). However the agent was super nice and contacted their reservations department and they emailed me back with the details.

Louise K 19 posts

Contact them via a DM on Twitter. Replied to my request in about 5mins!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.