Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice ‘All Inclusive’ advice – any good experiences?

• masaccio 722 posts

If you don’t mind it raining briefly a couple of times a day, the Maldives in off season is great value. We went to a 5* all inclusive on South Ari (Vakarufalhi) for £350 a night in a water villa, but as others have said plenty of people offer AI. Gotcha with the Maldives is finding good value seats if you don’t want to fly economy. We’ve had good deals on Etihad and Sri Lankan and there is an Etihad sale on right now

toddy 113 posts

Currently at the H10 Atlantic Sunset in Tenerife and it’s fantastic.

It’s a new hotel, with great food and absolutely incredible staff. They cannot do enough for you.

We went for a Privilege suite and have the most wonderful views of the ocean.

It’s in a very quiet part of the island, so there isn’t a huge amount to see / do but it’s perfect for a relaxing trip.

t0m 74 posts

Interesting! Any booking tips? 🙂

AJA 1,070 posts

My advice is don’t! I have gone off all-inclusive holidays. I’ve only done AI to the Caribbean; Barbados three times, Dominican Republic and Jamaica both once. The last two I would not repeat. The Barbados hotel has gone downhill, my last visit was in 2017, while at the same time the cost went up.

toddy 113 posts

Interesting! Any booking tips? 🙂

I actually booked via EasyJet holidays to take advantage of a £250 Amex rebate on £1000 spend, so it was actually a decent deal.

For this hotel, I would definitely book a privilege room. These rooms are in the block closest to the sea and it gives you access to a couple of infinity pools (the rooftop one is superb) & an additional restaurant.

Only my second ever AI and I’d definitely do it again – not sure I’d ever do it for a long trip but for this 4 nighter, it was perfect.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.