Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amazon Prime fraud on BA Premium Plus Amex

Amazon Prime fraud on BA Premium Plus Amex

• BJ

My parents have both had this. Suspect amazon at fault. Amex declined subsequent amazon prime payments I think and had no problem since. They can still shop at amazon and charge to amex no problem. There has been nothing from amazon about declined payments either. All very strange.

Steven

I had this very shortly after a stay at a Hilton Hotel in London last year. I had just assumed it was one of the staff but after reading this thread, does sound more likely that the culprit is within Amazon.

AndyGWP

Interesting… I had this on my (cancelled) BAPP last week too.

Pointsamateur

I’d not revisited this thread for a while. Interesting to see several other very similar experiences now. A few days ago I had a warning email from Amex about another declined charge of £0.99 on the old BAPP, and normally the old £8.99 charge was always 24th of the month, so I expect I might get a warning about that as well. The very new cards experiencing it give a great indication that it’s not just historical.

I know it’s not causing me any problems, but it’s very annoying that Amazon will not take instructions from me, regarding my payment card, even if the account apparently using it is not in my name. If I say the payments should stop, that’s all they should need.

cinereus

I had this exact same issue. Never had Prime, never will have Prime.

Multiple calls to Amazon got me nowhere as they claimed there were no accounts with that card registered. Amex were adamant it was from Amazon.

After about the sixth call to Amazon it finally stopped.

sayling

I know it’s not causing me any problems, but it’s very annoying that Amazon will not take instructions from me, regarding my payment card, even if the account apparently using it is not in my name. If I say the payments should stop, that’s all they should need.

Makes sense – but what if it wasn’t you that was asking for your payments to stop?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.