Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express American Express and Hilton cashback offer / London venues that trigger

• cchen 10 posts

Hi all

I had booked one of the eligible hotels on the list in the EU that would have triggered the offer, but the Euro moved in the meantime, and now I’m a few £ short of triggering the offer. Does anyone know offhand which of the London Hilton hotels on the list have f&b outlets that would post the charge as the hotel name and thus help me get over the spend threshold?

memesweeper 1,255 posts

@Rob reported that the Costa in the foyer of the Olympia Hilton triggered an Amex offer. That was some time ago.

I’d be super interested if the pub attached to the Conrad does.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Yes, I can confirm the Costa on Kensington High Street, on the street level of Hilton Olympia, triggers it – at least it did for me last year.

Cranzle 272 posts

I was unable to use Apple Pay to pay at Hilton. Apparently it’s only Amex that they cannot take using Apple Pay. Screwed up my plans to split across two cards as I only had one physical card with me.

John 1,000 posts

Every Hilton is different. Not all of them have contactless readers. I don’t know if hotels as a whole are experiencing more fraud recently but they have become more difficult about payments… as a Diamond many Hiltons have told me they don’t need to see a physical card or pre-authorise it, but when wanting to split between cards they often say they can only charge to the card on file but if wanting to part-pay with a different card they have to change the card on file and can only do that by seeing it. Yet when using digital key there is (sometimes) no verification at all that the card actually belongs to me (though recently a few European hotels have started adding in some extra SCA verification via the Hilton app/website).

memesweeper 1,255 posts

I’d be super interested if the pub attached to the Conrad does.

To answer my own question I ended up in there last night — it’s called the Blue Boar. Looks like it’s going through as Hilton Worldwide.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    highnal 23 posts

Just to piggyback on this topic, I’ve booked a hotel in Rome for August that has not yet been charged. Is there an easy way for me to get them to process it before the cashback offer expires?

cchen 10 posts

I was unable to use Apple Pay to pay at Hilton. Apparently it’s only Amex that they cannot take using Apple Pay. Screwed up my plans to split across two cards as I only had one physical card with me.

Thanks! I’ll happen to be nearby this weekend so will give it a try

cchen 10 posts

Just to update – the Costa purchase did still post as as the hotel so thanks to @memesweeper and @rob for the tip. But the offer still has not been triggered so looks like I’ll have to contact Amex CS

roz 17 posts

Is the hilton offer on cumulative spend? Staying 1 night in Manchester, not sure I can get to 200

cchen 10 posts

Is the hilton offer on cumulative spend? Staying 1 night in Manchester, not sure I can get to 200

yes it is “one or more transactions”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.