Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards American Express Platinum – Radisson status

• Bill 169 posts

I should have gold status via the amex but my Radisson account is still at classic. It’s been like this for years but I have never been bothered. Now I have a stay coming up in April so I’d like to get this resolved. How do I go about it ?

SteveJ 979 posts

Bill 169 posts

I did that years ago and Radisson still says I’m classic

TGLoyalty 533 posts

Then I’d try again or phone Amex support and they’ll do it.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

You need to exclude certain digits of Radisson membership number to get Amex to connect to it. Google it.

Bill 169 posts

Unfortunately I can’t find any information on this

Linking you Radisson account initially seems impossible, as you’ll just keep getting errors about your account number. The trick is to cut the first 6 digits off your Radisson Rewards account number and enter the remaining digits – I have no idea why this works, but it does.

Bill 169 posts

It’s strange. I have successfully done a points transfer in the past. It’s only now I’ve noticed that the status wasn’t updated

SteveJ 979 posts

Contact Amex concierge, that’s what they’re there for, they’ll sort it.

Bill 169 posts

My letter to Amex customer services did get this matter resolved. Amex also liaised with the hotel to arrange a retrospective statement credit for the F&B discount that I should have received due to my elevated status

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.