Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Amex – £50 off £200 – until Dec 2022

• VerdantBacon 141 posts

Hello, we plan on staying at the Canopy next month. I was wondering if we can split the bill during check out? If anyone experienced this before? If not we can try the pre paid option as discussed above.

Have also done this many times, never a problem

John 1,000 posts

Hello, we plan on staying at the Canopy next month. I was wondering if we can split the bill during check out? If anyone experienced this before? If not we can try the pre paid option as discussed above.

It may be easier to ask to do partial payments at check in. Or even mid-way during the stay if it’s a long stay.

Sometimes some hotels charge the full amount of the stay, as part of check in. This is more likely to happen at Hamptons and maybe HGIs especially if you do online/app check in. Canopies should just pre-authorise though.

However I have had a hotel refuse to split the bill on different cards at check-out, because they had already processed the full bill without telling me. I’m sure a manager could have reversed it, but I couldn’t be bothered to wait and explain.

NigelHamilton 208 posts

US Hiltons charge advance rates centrally as soon as you click book. The hotel name would not appear on your statement.

In the rest of the world it depends on whether a particular hotel has implemented the functionality.

Are you saying that if I use my AMEX for a non-UK/Europe hotel, that it might trigger the cashback? I’m staying at the Hilton Quebec in a month’s time and £50 would beat the 3% FX charge for using an AMEX. Feels like a gamble……

John 1,000 posts

US Hiltons charge advance rates centrally as soon as you click book. The hotel name would not appear on your statement.

In the rest of the world it depends on whether a particular hotel has implemented the functionality.

Are you saying that if I use my AMEX for a non-UK/Europe hotel, that it might trigger the cashback? I’m staying at the Hilton Quebec in a month’s time and £50 would beat the 3% FX charge for using an AMEX. Feels like a gamble……

No, only hotels on the list will trigger the cashback

That comment was talking about when prepaid rates are charged

Vit 158 posts

Thanks everyone. Was trying my luck a bit phoning up the hotel, hoping to split the bill for the advanced rate but was told that’s not possible as the whole amount had to be taken rather than “average night”. But yes was told that semi-flex would work with the offer as it won’t be charged till check-out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.