Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Amex – £50 off £200 – until Dec 2022

• Dace 52 posts

I have just seen that the Hilton offer on Amex has popped up again.

£50 off £200 for the first 65k people to save it.

Just as a warning, it looks like Amex are being slightly sparse with it. I have 4 cards and it is only available on 1 of them. Normally, I have had it on all my cards.

MattB 261 posts

Got it on 6 cards but may not have the chance to use it unless it works on an advance pre paid booking I need to make for January.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Got it on two cards, thanks for the heads up. I’ve been a bit slack checking offers lately, so this is very helpful!

Dace 52 posts

Got it on 6 cards but may not have the chance to use it unless it works on an advance pre paid booking I need to make for January.

Normally, if you call the hotel they should be able to accommodate you by putting the transaction through.

I wish I had your hit rate through, as I am liable to go through at least 8 stays of over £200 by mid-Nov!

MattB 261 posts

Normally, if you call the hotel they should be able to accommodate you by putting the transaction through.

I wish I had your hit rate through, as I am liable to go through at least 8 stays of over £200 by mid-Nov!

I’m sure a non-refundable advance booking will be billed immediately?

VerdantBacon 141 posts

I’m sure a non-refundable advance booking will be billed immediately?

Hilton don’t tend to actually bill up front for their advanced booking rates, they just take your credit card details and bill you some time before your stay. The problem with being billed this way though, is that the billing tends to not come from the hotel you are staying at, but from a central Hilton office. This does not trigger the Amex cash back. A way around this is to call the hotel once you’ve made the booking and ask them if you can make an immediate payment over the phone, this will go through the hotel’s point of sales machine which will trigger the cash back.

MattB 261 posts

Got it thanks

Steven 80 posts

Would be interested to know what other cards people are seeing the offer on. I have it on my personal plat but if such offers regularly appear on other AMEX cards might be tempted to apply to double up on future offers. Thanks

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

We’ve got the offer on 2 golds and 2 BAPPs (well, main and supp).

I’ve been charged immediately for every advance booking I’ve made in the past few months, and this has also triggered any relevant Amex cash back. These were all UK hotels so maybe @VerdantBacon’s experiences were with hotels abroad? Moreover, Hilton generally seem happy to move bookings if you find you can’t travel on the date you’ve booked.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Would be interested to know what other cards people are seeing the offer on. I have it on my personal plat but if such offers regularly appear on other AMEX cards might be tempted to apply to double up on future offers. Thanks

PRG + sup

SteC 34 posts

Not on my Plat (Yet, hopefully it will be soon though, it has in the past) Its on my free BA AMEX though

Dace 52 posts

This is my current situation:

In my Name;

Platinum Credit card – Yes
    BA Free Amex – No

Supp cards
    Gold – No
    Plat – No

Parents Card in their names
    Amex White – Yes
    Gold – No

VerdantBacon 141 posts

We’ve got the offer on 2 golds and 2 BAPPs (well, main and supp).

I’ve been charged immediately for every advance booking I’ve made in the past few months, and this has also triggered any relevant Amex cash back. These were all UK hotels so maybe @VerdantBacon’s experiences were with hotels abroad? Moreover, Hilton generally seem happy to move bookings if you find you can’t travel on the date you’ve booked.

That’s interesting to note thanks NorthernLass, yes I haven’t booked any advanced purchase UK hiltons this year and have found that hotels abroad weren’t always charging immediately. I thought I had seen previously on the forums/chat thread that sometimes the automatic payment for advance purchase didn’t count as coming from a Hilton property which led to Amex cash back issues. Good to know that it doesn’t happen anymore!

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

On both my Plat business & Mrs T’s Plat bus supp 🙂
    To fully detail the datapoint – we currently have no other Amex cards.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

@VerdantBacon, it seemed to become possible several months ago, following various issues with the HH website which I assumed were resolved by their IT dept. Prior to that payments weren’t automatically taken (so it was possible to book an advance rate even if the card on file had expired) so I did wonder if Hilton specifically fixed this so that people couldn’t book non-refundable rates and then cancel without being charged.

Anyway, I have just booked the Hilton Deansgate on a non-refundable rate to make use of one of the offers, so I will report back about whether it gets charged to my card in the next couple of days!

captaindave 113 posts

Got the offer on Amex Nectar.

was hoping i might be able to use it in Bangkok, but the list is just UK & European.

Dace 52 posts

Feeling like I and my associated friends and family have been blackballed on this after hitting 8/8 credits on the last round 😅☹️

RonnieB 288 posts

I’m still waiting on the £50 credit from the last such promo back in April !!

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

I got 3/3 credits last time and now have the offer on 4 cards so there’s clearly other factors involved!

@RonnieB
    , have you chased? IME they turn up pretty soon or not at all.

John 1,000 posts

I did 4/4 last time and have it again on all 4 cards.

The list has always been UK/Europe only.

US Hiltons charge advance rates centrally as soon as you click book. The hotel name would not appear on your statement.

In the rest of the world it depends on whether a particular hotel has implemented the functionality.

In the past, your card number would just be passed to the hotel and an employee might key it into their card reader manually, or they might process the charge on their computer. This would be at a time of the hotel’s choosing (sometimes even not until check-in) and as it is done at the hotel, the hotel name will show on your statement and thus the Amex offer will credit.

Now there seem to be several options, the hotel can just get the app/website to verify the card number but still charge it themselves manually later, in which case the Amex offer will credit; or they could have it charged at the time of booking.

I have not experienced the last option (as I aborted the process at a hotel which does it, when I saw what was happening) so I don’t know how this would appear on your statement.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

Data point re pre-paid bookings. I booked a night at the Hilton Deansgate on the 20th – on the 22nd the payment cleared AND the £50 cash back posted. Very efficient!

MattB 261 posts

I made a booking for next year and have just had the Amex email to say I’ve used the offer.

NorthernLass 7,571 posts

I’ve also just booked the Curio Lost Property for next July – it seems incredibly reasonable for London, prices starting at under £200 pn! Hopefully the rebate will appear with equal success. Is there something really wrong with it – it looks quite nice on the website and reviews seem generally positive so far?!

Vit 158 posts

Hello, we plan on staying at the Canopy next month. I was wondering if we can split the bill during check out? If anyone experienced this before? If not we can try the pre paid option as discussed above.

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Hello, we plan on staying at the Canopy next month. I was wondering if we can split the bill during check out? If anyone experienced this before? If not we can try the pre paid option as discussed above.

I’ve frequently done this without issue anywhere.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.