Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex cards removed from Apple Pay

• Scottpat78 243 posts

I think this was covered in a daily chat thread, but posting its own topic here – hope no one minds.

I had 3 emails today all within 1 minute of each other – my BAPP, my Amex Plat and my BAPP supp all removed from Apple Pay.

Anyone know why this is? I haven’t tried to add them back yet – has anyone tried and been successful?

My wife has 3 Amex cards also and they are still intact in Apple Pay (1 is her own, 2 are supp cards on my account).

dst87 264 posts

This is an issue with the latest iOS 16 beta. Are you using that? If so, it’s know and it’s an iOS issue.

Maples 194 posts

This was posted on the r/amex sub on Reddit. Most of the people said they were running iOS betas.

Thrillington 40 posts

I had the same issue earlier this week on the latest iOS16 Beta – able to re-add the next day with no issue (and despite another email telling me it had been removed) it has been working ever since. Likely some sort of bug with Apple Wallet when it checks the card tokens with Amex.

Scottpat78 243 posts

Ah, I am indeed on ios16 beta, but have been for several weeks and no recent software update applied. All good then, ta.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.