Amex Gold: 2 Free Priority Passes
11th August 2022 at 21:53bdd005
Sorry for the basic question(s). My wife has the Amex Gold Preferred Rewards Card which comes with the 2 free priority passes.
– Is she supposed to have some sort of Priority Pass card or does she just present the Amex gold card to get in the lounge?
– Assuming you just present the gold card, does anyone have experience of whether the card holder actually needs to present themselves in person or can someone else (me – her husband) present the card and get into the lounge? (Of course, I would know the PIN)
Basically she has these 2 passes to use and we are coming to the end of the year. I will be travelling but she will not.
Thanks in advance.11th August 2022 at 21:57Maples
You need to show the Priority Pass card and I think they check if it’s indeed you by using the boarding pass. So, you can’t go into the lounge by using her PP card.
She can also show the card on the PP app when she goes herself.11th August 2022 at 22:20bdd005
mmm – thanks. I do not recall her getting a PP card when the Amex Gold came so I guess I need to search the filing cabinets to see where it may have disappeared to…..11th August 2022 at 22:25FatherOfFour
How long ago did she get the gold card? My wife recently got a gold card and the PP pack came a week or so later.
A few years ago when I got my gold, it was Lounge Pass at the time, pack didn’t arrive so I had to call and chase via Amex.11th August 2022 at 23:08bdd005
We got the card a good 9 months ago and never tracked the PP part as it was not the primary benefit we were after. Having search high and low – still cant find it. Oh well…. thanks all.12th August 2022 at 07:51EwanG
We got the card a good 9 months ago and never tracked the PP part as it was not the primary benefit we were after. Having search high and low – still cant find it. Oh well…. thanks all.
Call or, better still, use Amex chat and they will give you the PP card details. Download the PP app and set up an account using these details.
See this article for details of changes to the card from 12 Oct this year, including 4 PP visits.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- PIL on Post new Amex statement credit offers here!
- redethernet1 on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- redethernet1 on The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread
- NorthernLass on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- Mick S on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- lambshank13 on The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread
- colinc57 on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- Lumma on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- can on Reducing credit limit after being declined
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.