Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Gold: 2 Free Priority Passes

• bdd005 10 posts

Hi,
    Sorry for the basic question(s). My wife has the Amex Gold Preferred Rewards Card which comes with the 2 free priority passes.

– Is she supposed to have some sort of Priority Pass card or does she just present the Amex gold card to get in the lounge?

– Assuming you just present the gold card, does anyone have experience of whether the card holder actually needs to present themselves in person or can someone else (me – her husband) present the card and get into the lounge? (Of course, I would know the PIN)

Basically she has these 2 passes to use and we are coming to the end of the year. I will be travelling but she will not.

Thanks in advance.

Maples 190 posts

You need to show the Priority Pass card and I think they check if it’s indeed you by using the boarding pass. So, you can’t go into the lounge by using her PP card.

She can also show the card on the PP app when she goes herself.

bdd005 10 posts

mmm – thanks. I do not recall her getting a PP card when the Amex Gold came so I guess I need to search the filing cabinets to see where it may have disappeared to…..

FatherOfFour 281 posts

How long ago did she get the gold card? My wife recently got a gold card and the PP pack came a week or so later.

A few years ago when I got my gold, it was Lounge Pass at the time, pack didn’t arrive so I had to call and chase via Amex.

bdd005 10 posts

We got the card a good 9 months ago and never tracked the PP part as it was not the primary benefit we were after. Having search high and low – still cant find it. Oh well…. thanks all.

EwanG 112 posts

We got the card a good 9 months ago and never tracked the PP part as it was not the primary benefit we were after. Having search high and low – still cant find it. Oh well…. thanks all.

Call or, better still, use Amex chat and they will give you the PP card details. Download the PP app and set up an account using these details.
    See this article for details of changes to the card from 12 Oct this year, including 4 PP visits.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.