Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Gold Card Lounge Passes

• Wally1976 188 posts

Does anyone know – if I get the Amex gold card now, do I get an extra 2 lounge passes added in October? Rob’s article on the gold card changes says you do if you’ve used the existing 2 passes but I want to know if you get the extra 2 if you haven’t used the existing 2. TIA.

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

The recent article I found makes it clear :

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/07/19/last-chance-get-30000-avios-with-free-for-a-year-amex-gold/

“You receive two free airport lounge passes each year with Amex Gold, valid at any airport lounge in the Priority Pass network.

This increases to four passes per year from October 2022 as part of a change to the card benefits. Existing cardholders will receive an additional two passes for their current membership year on that date.”

So if you go ahead and apply now, you’ll receive 2 on acceptance and 2 in October, irrespective of whether you’ve used the first two free visits in the interim.

aq.1988 456 posts

Yes, I believe so.

You should have until your card anniversary date to use the extra 2 passes.

My card anniversary date is at the end of November, and I have already confirmed with the chat that I will get the extra 2 to use in Oct until November. But if you don’t use them, they don’t roll over.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Wally1976 188 posts

Thanks both 👍

Shazza12 47 posts

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I had Amex Gold and closed it in February 2022. If I reapply will I get the lounge pass benefits (I know I won’t be eligible for any sign up bonus). Thank you

Carlos 758 posts

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I had Amex Gold and closed it in February 2022. If I reapply will I get the lounge pass benefits (I know I won’t be eligible for any sign up bonus). Thank you

Yes

Shazza12 47 posts

Thank you for your reply Carlos. Much appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.