Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex KYC – Seclore App – Real or Phishing?

• notenoughmiles 30 posts

Has anyone had an email from Amex KYC requesting to open a protected document in the “Seclore” app?

Seems odd that I went through KYC earlier this year and it’s come through again.

Previously, I’ve uploaded the documents directly on the Amex site. This time the email has an attachment which states:

“AEXP E3 Policy Server

This protected document can only be opened in the Seclore app”

The sender email looks legit and Apple has marked it as a “verified” logo.

I can’t seem to find any other similar experiences on Google though.

Kowalski 105 posts

I’d call Amex to check

PeteM 709 posts

I’d call AmEx – ideally Brighton – and check. Never heard of this.

notenoughmiles 30 posts

Just an update for anyone coming across the same. Spoke to Brighton and turns out it was a legitimate email.

Rui N. 831 posts

My wife just had a KYC asking for bank statements and they told her to send documents via email, but that she really shouldn’t because email is not safe.
    And yes, it was a legitimate email.

JDB 4,397 posts

Just an update for anyone coming across the same. Spoke to Brighton and turns out it was a legitimate email.

Amex also uses Voltage to send encrypted/secure emails. Everything about the email telling you there’s a message looks fishy but it turned out to be real.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.