Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex logging in issues

• kwho 62 posts

Does anyone else have problems logging into AMEX (either app or website)? I get two factor notification errors.

shub 86 posts

Does anyone else have problems logging into AMEX (either app or website)? I get two factor notification errors.

Same here

Rich-S 3 posts

Same, had difficulty using the card to make two online purchases, both payments failed with the vendor. Couldn’t get into Amex app, have now managed to and one of the failed payments shows as pending, hopefully will drop off soon.

alig4th 322 posts

+1 app and website. Got as far as requesting verification code but none forthcoming on either my or my wife’s accounts

AndyGWP 274 posts

yeah – been a bit up and down for me

strickers 654 posts

+1

John 1,000 posts

It won’t send me the 2fa code to email, but will send it by sms (normally the phone with that sim is off).

Amy C 369 posts

I can just about get in but it refuses to show me the homepage.

Ryanfozzie 26 posts

Same here!

Multiple rejected payments from Amazon, unable to sign in, calling plays a recorded message then cuts you off.

Oh dear – not great for a Friday.

rum 275 posts

Perhaps Amex is pulling an April Fool’s for all of us who applied for the Barclaycard?

tom1 63 posts

Still problems for me. Won’t send the SMS, but send the email… after the 10 minute expiry!

What’s the equivalent of HUACA ? TAT – try again tomorrow?

James HP 5 posts

Spoke with Amex. Plat & BA Premium both declining transactions. At 6am today they said it was maintenance. At 10am they said it wasn’t maintenance when I suggested they have plenty of back up systems; said it was a “technical issue”. Clearly a serious issue – I am just hoping they haven’t been hacked.

According to Alex the issue affects online transactions only and not physical card payment.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    James HP 5 posts

Amex not Alex!

Super Secret Stuff 365 posts

No luck for me either

gbdavid 12 posts

Apparently they are also having technical issues if you want to pay the card. Waiting time of 10min+ in the phone for any kind of query it seems…

moe8555 41 posts

Looks like Amex U.S. has also been impacted. Can’t login to the site or app.

Philondon 274 posts

I’m trying to log into my account and it’s not sending a text or email with a verification code.

gbdavid 12 posts

Ok things are getting ‘slightly’ worse at 14:30 UK time… trying to log in and I get this error: We’re sorry. Our system is temporarily unavailable.

strickers 654 posts

Did Martin Lewis tell everyone to log on and save the Sweaty Betty offer?

Andrew J 769 posts

Mine is back online now

davidbutcher 25 posts

Haven’t been able to log in to app all day. No verification codes received. Now get a “problem loading content” message.

AJA 1,061 posts

The UK Amex website now has the following message:

We are aware that technical difficulties are currently affecting our phone, online Account services and American Express® App. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.

AJA 1,061 posts

I think the intern responsible for the IT crash at BA on Wednesday must be doing a work experience day at Amex. Either that or it is Amex’s very poor and unfunny attempt at an April Fools joke

rum 275 posts

I think the intern responsible for the IT crash at BA on Wednesday must be doing a work experience day at Amex.

Do you think the intern left Barclays already?

AJA 1,061 posts

OK I managed to get into my account 5 minutes ago. I also just checked and I have three emails with temporary security codes so they have got somewhere.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.