Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex logging in issues

• Peter K 552 posts

Did Martin Lewis tell everyone to log on and save the Sweaty Betty offer?

There’s a Sweaty Betty offer? Why did no one tell me? I’ve not had one for ages!!!!*

*3 days

Stu 38 posts

Anyone getting into their app yet without OPT requests? Still getting the same issues as yesterday

Andrew J 769 posts

Anyone getting into their app yet without OPT requests? Still getting the same issues as yesterday

I’m getting straight in now.

Stu 38 posts

I’m getting straight in now.

Damn! Still getting OTP, deleted the app, started from scratch, still requiring OTP every login despite ‘remember this device’ being ticked …

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    strickers 656 posts

Working fine for myself and the boss, no OTP.

davidbutcher 25 posts

Same as yesterday. Asks to send me the OTP then doesn’t send it.

Andrew J 769 posts

Just received about 20 OTPs – all the ones from yesterday presumably.

Peter K 552 posts

No problems with app for me.

DarrenS 91 posts

I can log in but payment not getting processed. Web and App.

marshy11 247 posts

Still having issues here. I can log in but the home page is blank apart from links to card offers. There is no live chat and other than historic statements I cannot see any transactions.

rum 275 posts

Still having issues here. I can log in but the home page is blank apart from links to card offers. There is no live chat and other than historic statements I cannot see any transactions.

Yup, having similar issues here too. I thought it was my connection, but it seems to be hanging when opening the first page after logging-in.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

I can log in but there’s still no spend tracker – it’s been gone for ages now!

Also – I had the £50 Hilton credit on my gold card which I’m sure I saved but it’s now not showing at all – has anyone else had this?

Roberto 280 posts

Yes @NorthernLass I had a Dropbox promo saved that’s now gone..

Annoyingly I redeemed it recently and not had the cashback either.

moe8555 41 posts

It all seemed to work again, but a short time ago, I logged into the app and noticed that my payment due was set to 0, despite my statement recently closing and it appearing properly yesterday. (this is an ICC card)

Peter K 552 posts

Currently on hold now to Amex after failing my OTP entry after *correctly* entering the code but still getting locked out of my account, sigh.

strickers 656 posts

I’ve now got every transaction showing up twice in the app!

ale.xx 7 posts

Same here 🤯 Every transaction showing up twice

Harrier25 851 posts

Yeah I got that too. Couldn’t use the card earlier either. Amex IT seems to be in meltdown!

Bill 162 posts

Deleted

Stu 38 posts

Definitely seems like their systems are royally goosed!

The agent I ‘chatted’ with Saturday assured me OTPs were here to stay “as per the security reasons” … what??? When I pressed him on it, he quoted it to be part of new regulations and guidelines and how Amex complies with local laws … I’m calling BS on that as finally no OPTs as of yesterday.

App didn’t update this morning with spend from the weekend, even though logging in via browser showed all transactions posted and a completely different balance!

Well worth £250 a year eh?

Youllnever 182 posts

Definitely seems like their systems are royally goosed!

The agent I ‘chatted’ with Saturday assured me OTPs were here to stay “as per the security reasons” … what??? When I pressed him on it, he quoted it to be part of new regulations and guidelines and how Amex complies with local laws … I’m calling BS on that as finally no OPTs as of yesterday.

App didn’t update this morning with spend from the weekend, even though logging in via browser showed all transactions posted and a completely different balance!

Well worth £250 a year eh?

I believe the agent is correct – OTP are here to stay. The crucial point however is that you can “remember” a device that you’ve previously already verified OTP with, which is why you don’t get asked constantly when logging in to the app/browser.

There was definitely an issue over the weekend where it simply never remembered the devices, and kept asking you this.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

It never remembers my phone or ipad, however many times I validate them. I’ve given up hoping it’ll change now!

Stu 38 posts

I believe the agent is correct – OTP are here to stay. The crucial point however is that you can “remember” a device that you’ve previously already verified OTP with, which is why you don’t get asked constantly when logging in to the app/browser.

There was definitely an issue over the weekend where it simply never remembered the devices, and kept asking you this.

Sorry, missed that bit out – he was adamant I’d get an OTP on every login despite remembering the device. He was clearly out of his depth with the system failure and eager to meet his chat targets by fobbing me off.

It never remembers my phone or ipad, however many times I validate them. I’ve given up hoping it’ll change now!

I get the same when I use a browser to login on iPad or MacBook … thankfully though, the app is behaving, for now anyway!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.