Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Offers and Customer Service – gone to the dogs?

• Youllnever 182 posts

Wow that sounds horrendous! How easy was it getting your case escalated to the executive level?

I just wrote an email to them after I realised I was getting nowhere with CS (actually, they were sending me round in circles).

Did they provide you with the email address? I wouldn’t even know where to find this.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Spent £400 on Harrods website in early December and yet to receive the 12% rebate (offer ended end of December). Seems to be a running theme recently.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Spent £400 on Harrods website in early December and yet to receive the 12% rebate (offer ended end of December). Seems to be a running theme recently.

Join the club.

rum 275 posts

Did they provide you with the email address? I wouldn’t even know where to find this.

Nope, I think I found it online after a quick search. May have even been from this site.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Just called Amex again as I am missing the £200 for platinum dining credit (from 27th Dec) – told to wait 90 days!

I can understand call centres/staff being stretched…. But what happened to make the IT suddenly crash and burn too?!

Andrew J 769 posts

Join the club.

The Selfridges ones took weeks to turn up too, even after chasing and it was sent to the infamous back office it took another 10 days. It’s so odd that the offers always used to run like clockwork until a couple of months ago. (Must remember to copy the text I just wrote as it’s a 50/50 chance that Captcha will pop up and the text be lost!).

Robm 55 posts

I had a good experience with online chat yesterday – they were able to quickly help me with confirming when an old card had expired and two shop small credits which hadn’t triggered. For shop small I got told they would be escalated and should be resolved within 10 working days. (No mention of 90 days).

On triggering offers, I had three Marriott Offers and the dining credit all trigger automatically and quickly in November and December.

Seems like a mixed bag though with lots of issues. It does not bring me joy to feel like I have to screenshot everything and check whether I have/ have not received pretty petty amounts of cashback sometimes (e.g. shop small).

MCO 73 posts

Huge fan of Amex. Been with them for 10+ years now. Never had a complaint but recently I have had a cash back go missing and 15+ days after a case was setup for its credit nothing has been done. Asked to speak with a manager on Tuesday and promised a call within 2 working days still no call back yet despite calling them 3 times in that time to chase it up. This isn’t the Amex of old.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Manny_D 6 posts

Not entirely a offer issue, but has anyone else’s 15K spend counter disappeared from their Golf card on the app and website? Can’t seem to see it on mine.

Rui N. 831 posts

It sometimes dissapears, but eventually shows up again. It’s normal.

Harrier25 852 posts

Not entirely a offer issue, but has anyone else’s 15K spend counter disappeared from their Golf card on the app and website? Can’t seem to see it on mine.

Yes, mine has disappeared too!😕

Steven 80 posts

Got to laugh – complained to AMEX about the length of time the bonus membership points were taking to credit. Complaint was upheld as was past their time limit. Was awarded 10,000 additional points, which credited straight away. Was told the original bonus points would credit within a week and now past that.

SteveJ 979 posts

From another thread, copying here as more data points. Amex failing to link BAEC numbers from new BAPP applications.

Across 3 players over the last 6 months every single time the BAEC number provided when registering for the card has not been linked, and have had to provide the same number over chat for them to link it.

dougzz99 619 posts

Just hung up after a 10 minute wait. Only calling because a supp hasn’t arrived, allegedly sent 3 times, twice in post and once via DHL, very odd, suspect cards not actually being sent. £600/year for a card I think the phone needs to be answered sooner than 10 minutes. Think I’m done with Amex for a while, but will mull it for a day or two.
    Previous issue involved 3 calls, whilst in USA, to get something simple done, and was offered 2000 points unsolicited for trouble, but would much rather they’d get things right the first time.

peld 28 posts

slightly concerned by this thread as was looking to apply for a Platinum in a couple of weeks.
    We have had 4 years of Gold Rewards (2 for me, 2 wife) and ive thought Amex have been good – especially on the insurance side from COVID (albeit they ended up causing a nightmare, but acted in our interests).

suipedali 13 posts

With the odd exception mediocrity seems to be the best one can expect.

dougzz99 619 posts

I called again because lost in post cards are quite concerning. Finally resolved, the cards were never sent until the most recent one which instead of the agreed DHL to work address was just posted to home address 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Very poor service, when they discovered card not previously sent no attempt proactively inform me, just wait until customer calls again.

Blindman67 135 posts

Still waiting for the THIRD supp card for a Ba Blue account from Mrs B

I don’t physically need it TBHO so am not chasing it again.

She had to ask for her main card which did arrive after two attempts.

rum 275 posts

Absolute shower. They certainly weren’t like this a few years ago.

dougzz99 619 posts

Still waiting for the THIRD supp card for a Ba Blue account from Mrs B

I don’t physically need it TBHO so am not chasing it again.

She had to ask for her main card which did arrive after two attempts.

I was told they’re having an issue where cards are not sent, and they clearly don’t proactively follow up on this sort of failure.

Youllnever 182 posts

I would still trust them for payment disputes. Offers and rewards maybe not so much.

Pid 33 posts

Rang the plat line and was on hold for 1 hr 15 mins before I hung up. Not the platinum service I would expect. Very disappointing as they are normally pretty quick.

rum 275 posts

I would still trust them for payment disputes. Offers and rewards maybe not so much.

Yes, I am with you on this. Try doing a chargeback with HSBC or one of the other big players and it isn’t quite as simple as it is with Amex.

Harrier25 852 posts

Amazingly, Costa and BP credits that I had been waiting for since November/early December finally credited yesterday to our Gold/Green cards. Didn’t expect that! 😀

rum 275 posts

Amazingly, Costa and BP credits that I had been waiting for since November/early December finally credited yesterday to our Gold/Green cards. Didn’t expect that! 😀

The same happened to my Gold card! Missing cashback from Costa just appeared out of nowhere and put my account into credit by some pennies.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.