Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum – Eurostar fast track check-in?

• rs132 6 posts

Hi all, I am aware that Plat gives lounge access with Eurostar – can you also get access to the business/carte blanche check in line?

Thanks

sloth 315 posts

No

jayjay 74 posts

Sadly not – just the lounge, St Pancras has a nice cocktail bar on the upper floor

simdog 7 posts

Sadly not – just the lounge, St Pancras has a nice cocktail bar on the upper floor

Definitely do this, when I went there I spent the first 20 minutes (disappointed) not knowing there was an upstairs. Walked up the stairs and was much better.

Ash 621 posts

Can you take guests in? Scenario is 2 econ or prem efon tickets booked with my platinum. Partner has supplementary platinum, but neither ticket purchase will go through her card.

elguiri 216 posts

Can you take guests in? Scenario is 2 econ or prem efon tickets booked with my platinum. Partner has supplementary platinum, but neither ticket purchase will go through her card.

It doesn’t matter how you bought the tickets, you need to show your ticket and amex platinum card with the same names on them to be let into the lounge.

Young children can be let in at the bouncer’s discretion, but no guests.
    Nothing to say you can’t fill up your bags with cans etc and take them to your travel companion sitting directly outside the lounge…however this might be messy if you try it with the bowls of cereal. They do have takeaway coffee cups though.

NigelHamilton 207 posts

A ticket booked in your partner’s name, will allow her to enter the lounge, if she turns up with her supplementary platinum. You need two cards to get two people in (i.e. no card allows a guest). No need for the tickets to be booked by her.

acm 5 posts

On the same Amex/Eurostar topic, does anyone know if transferred Amex points to Club Eurostar count as “Earned” points?

sloth 315 posts

On the same Amex/Eurostar topic, does anyone know if transferred Amex points to Club Eurostar count as “Earned” points?

they do yes, as do points transferred from a partner’s Eurostar ac (if that’s an options available to you)

ed_fly 211 posts

they do yes, as do points transferred from a partner’s Eurostar ac (if that’s an options available to you)

It doesn’t look like my recent Amex MR transfer counted as earned points. My status remains ‘classique’ with a target of 400 points to move to ‘advantage’ despite transferring a big chunk of MR points.

sloth 315 posts

It doesn’t look like my recent Amex MR transfer counted as earned points. My status remains ‘classique’ with a target of 400 points to move to ‘advantage’ despite transferring a big chunk of MR points.

yeah sorry, I misread Earned as stop points expiring…

acm 5 posts

yeah sorry, I misread Earned as stop points expiring…

Damn, I’m about 400 away from Carte Blanche this way and was hoping to push myself over before Feb.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.