Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Amex Membership Rewards to Hilton transfer time

• NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Hi

I tired my first small transfer from Amex to Hilton we week ago and got notification it was in progress but nothing since. I have read conflicting information on how long it take from Instant to 5 working days to 10 working days.

Can anyone tell me how long I should wait until I chase Amex or Hilton please.

Also is it then quicker for subsequent transfers if sp how quick please.

chris1010 2 posts

Hello there.

I am having the same issue. I transferred the points last Thursday, and now, a week later – no sign of any points in my Hilton account.

I spoke with Amex – they said that Hilton is pending to credit them.

I spoke with Hilton – they opened a case but said to expect a response in 10 working days.

It’s a nightmare because I had booked flights and now can’t book my accommodation.

Please, let me know if you have any progress.

Thanks.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I’m sure my last transfer (was in Feb sometime) took well under 3 days. Might even have been the next day. Certainly nowhere near what you two are reporting.
    So I would conclude there is definitely a problem.

ringingup 178 posts

It is quicker after the first transfer, usually overnight.

chris1010 2 posts

I transfer points since 2017 – always fast, overnight. This time – same Amex, same Hilton account and yet the points are missing for 8 days. I really don’t know what to do – it seems that neither Amex, nor Hilton are offering any support.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

I transfer points since 2017 – always fast, overnight. This time – same Amex, same Hilton account and yet the points are missing for 8 days. I really don’t know what to do – it seems that neither Amex, nor Hilton are offering any support.

I noticed in the email confirming the transfer it says 10 working days. Do you know what it has said on your previous transfers.

Have you spoken to both Hilton & amex on this occasion

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

I have just had the following pop up on my account I know it only mentions today but there maybe other issues.

“ Honors System Maintenance March 5, 2023
    We’re making some routine system upgrades for a short period of time on March Sth. During this time, new member enrollments cannot be completed.
    Current Hilton Honors members will not be able to update their account, redeem points, and will see delays in points postings. This functionality will be available again soon. Thanks for your patience as we work to enhance your experience!”

klnoble 1 post

I’m having the same issue. Transferred on 26th Feb and again on 5th March and no points in my account. AMEX and Hilton both helpless and now I cannot take my planned trip! Transfers would always complete within 24 hours before.

TheGoalie1982 4 posts

Exactly the same issue here i’m afraid.

Made similar transfers numerous times before and always completed within 48 hours max.

Made the transfer last Tuesday night, so 28th February, immediately received a confirmation of transfer from AMEX, but still no sign at all of these points in my Hilton account. Spoken to AMEX customer services a couple of times, who to be fair are really helpful, but obviously they cannot access Hilton’s systems. AMEX have issued the points but there has been no response as yet from Hilton to confirm the points transfer.

AMEX have phoned through to Hilton and Hilton have “opened a case review” which will take up to 7 days to complete as apparently nobody has direct contact for the team which deals with all of this.

I have also treid speaking with Hilton about this, bearing in mind my GOLD membership, but they literally have zero ability to resolve anthing in their customer service team, unless you are making a reservation when the people actually know what they are doing.

Yesterday alone I had 4 attempts at explaining the situation to Hilton Honors agents. Number 1 tried telling me that my Hhonors account wasn’t in my name, despite me being logged onto it through my app and it literally displaying my name in front of me, when I told thim this he got flustered and ended up hanging up. Number 2 just transferred me to AMEX US, who onviously couldn’t help as a) i’m in the UK and b) I had already spoken with their UK customer services about it. Number 3 appeared to actually be investigating and said he would try and reach the correct team if I waited on hold and then after 5 minutes agent Number 4 took me off the hold and started speaking to me like she had just taken a brand new call, so I asked her to transfer me back to the guy I was speaking with but she had no idea what I was talking about. Finally she put me on hold and I waited 30 minutes before hanging up. Pretty confident she didn’t know how to resolve my issues so took the option of putting me on hold until I hung up which doesnt look so bad on here.

Anyway eventually Hiltons Twitter picked up on my issues and were relatively approachable/helpful. However after a few DM’s back and forward they have simply “opened a case” which I have to wait 5 – 7 days for the result of.

Bearing in mind that Hiltons reward pricing is dynamic I am pretty sure that if I ever get these points they will probably not be enough anyway now. Meaning I can’t take my son away like he was promised.

I am so ANGRY about this – It should be so easy for them to resolve, or at least try to resolve. Instead they all refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever!

ShoreditchTom 6 posts

Same issue here – been almost two weeks and points have still not arrived at Hilton. Previously linked accounts with transfers usually going through within a day. The rooms I wanted to book have now tripled in point price!

Amex completely useless as per these days it seems!

TheGoalie1982 4 posts

Exactly the same issue here i’m afraid.

Made similar transfers numerous times before and always completed within 48 hours max.

Made the transfer last Tuesday night, so 28th February, immediately received a confirmation of transfer from AMEX, but still no sign at all of these points in my Hilton account. Spoken to AMEX customer services a couple of times, who to be fair are really helpful, but obviously they cannot access Hilton’s systems. AMEX have issued the points but there has been no response as yet from Hilton to confirm the points transfer.

AMEX have phoned through to Hilton and Hilton have “opened a case review” which will take up to 7 days to complete as apparently nobody has direct contact for the team which deals with all of this.

I have also treid speaking with Hilton about this, bearing in mind my GOLD membership, but they literally have zero ability to resolve anthing in their customer service team, unless you are making a reservation when the people actually know what they are doing.

Yesterday alone I had 4 attempts at explaining the situation to Hilton Honors agents. Number 1 tried telling me that my Hhonors account wasn’t in my name, despite me being logged onto it through my app and it literally displaying my name in front of me, when I told thim this he got flustered and ended up hanging up. Number 2 just transferred me to AMEX US, who onviously couldn’t help as a) i’m in the UK and b) I had already spoken with their UK customer services about it. Number 3 appeared to actually be investigating and said he would try and reach the correct team if I waited on hold and then after 5 minutes agent Number 4 took me off the hold and started speaking to me like she had just taken a brand new call, so I asked her to transfer me back to the guy I was speaking with but she had no idea what I was talking about. Finally she put me on hold and I waited 30 minutes before hanging up. Pretty confident she didn’t know how to resolve my issues so took the option of putting me on hold until I hung up which doesnt look so bad on here.

Anyway eventually Hiltons Twitter picked up on my issues and were relatively approachable/helpful. However after a few DM’s back and forward they have simply “opened a case” which I have to wait 5 – 7 days for the result of.

Bearing in mind that Hiltons reward pricing is dynamic I am pretty sure that if I ever get these points they will probably not be enough anyway now. Meaning I can’t take my son away like he was promised.

I am so ANGRY about this – It should be so easy for them to resolve, or at least try to resolve. Instead they all refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Has anybody been waiting longer than the 10 working days it states in the email.

TheGoalie1982 4 posts

Currently 6 “working” days for me…

But more concerned about the fact AMEX customer service consistently tell me that the transfer shows as “issued and sent to Hilton” on their system and that they are powerless to even refund the AMEX points until they get an acceptance or refusal from Hilton, but on the flip side Hilton seem to have no record of said transfer and no idea of how to look through their system to try and find where it is stuck (alongside hundreds, or even thousands of others I would imagine)

Tariq 79 posts

Today is the 8th working day for me. When the points didn’t turn up within a day of my transfer attempt, I just went ahead and bought some with the bonus at the time as I needed to book.

Harrier25 852 posts

There’s clearly an unidentified IT issue here.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

I’m day 10 tomorrow so watch this space

DanW 2 posts

First post here, but yep, I’m on day 16 now, and still no transfer!

ShoreditchTom 6 posts

Day 10 for me today (Thursday)

TheGoalie1982 4 posts

Tariq do you mind me asking what bonus offer for buying points and from where you are referring to?

It would of course be far more helpful to all involved if Hilton/Amex (but I think mainly Hilton) would actually admit to this issue and be open about the fact they are working to resolve it, plus inform people when ordering points that there is currently an unresolved issue that may result in a significant delay to their arrival! That way people would not be left relying on their arrival!

Don’t suppose any of the admin here on this site has a contact higher up at Hilton than all of us to try and flag this with and possibly get some sense out of do you?

DanW 2 posts

I just received another email from Amex, seems they’ve reprocessed the transfer today, but I guess that means I’m gong to have to wait another few days before they attempt the transfer again! Really useless service, with both parties blaming each other!

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Tariq do you mind me asking what bonus offer for buying points and from where you are referring to?

It would of course be far more helpful to all involved if Hilton/Amex (but I think mainly Hilton) would actually admit to this issue and be open about the fact they are working to resolve it, plus inform people when ordering points that there is currently an unresolved issue that may result in a significant delay to their arrival! That way people would not be left relying on their arrival!

Don’t suppose any of the admin here on this site has a contact higher up at Hilton than all of us to try and flag this with and possibly get some sense out of do you?

I they don’t unfortunately I’ve asked the
    And they have contacts in press office but have reached out

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

I just received another email from Amex, seems they’ve reprocessed the transfer today, but I guess that means I’m gong to have to wait another few days before they attempt the transfer again! Really useless service, with both parties blaming each other!

Did you have to chase them to get this happen or is it’s just happened on day 16 also is that 16 calendar days or working days?

ShoreditchTom 6 posts

Points still not arrived at Hilton for me. Another useless interaction with Amex on chat. They had previously given me a case ID, when chasing that up today turns out that the notes for that case their side from the last agent said they had asked me to check with Hilton! -This was not the case and the outcome of our chat, I had been led to believe someone would do some form of follow up Amex side.

Today I was told no-one else on the chat team had heard of such a problem with Amex to Hilton transfers and – when I supplied the link to this thread – that I should only rely on information from directly from Amex

I finally got them to open a complaint via repeated asking (as I can’t see any other route to getting this resolved) – but that takes up to two weeks to investigate. Hopefully someone semi-competent will look at the issue and own it from Amex’s end although I may be hoping for too much!

Tariq 79 posts

It was whatever the Hilton buy points bonus was at the time. TBH I think it worked out about the same as transferring MR points, so I should have just bought the Hilton points in the first place.

Anyway, WD10 and still no Hilton points received from Amex…

MarkH1 3 posts

I’ve had similar issues that have now been resolved.
    I attempted a transfer 2 weeks ago that never arrived. I attempted another small transfer yesterday that transferred to Hilton in under 24hrs.
    I cancelled the initial transfer via Amex chat and got the points refunded instantly (they originally wanted to open a 7-10 working day case).
    Transferred the initial amount and they arrived in around 24hrs.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.