Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Appalling Qatar customer service

• awultra 6 posts

Long story short I jumped at the chance to transfer a bunch of Avios to Qatar when they finally joined the Avios scheme and promptly booked a return business SIN-JNB via Doha. All good until I arrived and found my (expensive) baggage destroyed and logged a claim at the very inefficient baggage handlers at JNB before setting off on a 2 week trip with damaged baggage in tow. Now back in SIN for 2 months and getting a response from anyone at Qatar as to my claim is impossible. I can see the claim in the system. Have called, emailed, chatted, messages on FB and once I eventually get through am told someone will be in touch. But you guessed it – nothing.

Am I missing something? Did things really get this bad that airlines won’t even respond to their highest margin customers. Any tips on how to get this loving appreciated.

Skywalker 699 posts

Long story short I jumped at the chance to transfer a bunch of Avios to Qatar when they finally joined the Avios scheme and promptly booked a return business SIN-JNB via Doha. All good until I arrived and found my (expensive) baggage destroyed and logged a claim at the very inefficient baggage handlers at JNB before setting off on a 2 week trip with damaged baggage in tow. Now back in SIN for 2 months and getting a response from anyone at Qatar as to my claim is impossible. I can see the claim in the system. Have called, emailed, chatted, messages on FB and once I eventually get through am told someone will be in touch. But you guessed it – nothing.

Am I missing something? Did things really get this bad that airlines won’t even respond to their highest margin customers. Any tips on how to get this loving appreciated.

No, I’m afraid they really do take this long. I had an (albeit minor) issue and by the time they returned to me seven weeks later, I had already fixed the problem.

I don’t have any tips on how to get this loving appreciated, unfortunately. You’re on your own there.

blenz101 24 posts

One reward flight and you are one of their highest margin customers? Guess again. You really need to understand the kind of sums being dropped by GCC residents and nationals. This is the carrier for one of the richest nations per capita on the planet paying cash for F fares regularly.

I would reign in your expectations claim off your travel insurance and move on. Let your insurer deal with them if they want to recover.

Andrew J 769 posts

One reward flight and you are one of their highest margin customers? Guess again. You really need to understand the kind of sums being dropped by GCC residents and nationals. This is the carrier for one of the richest nations per capita on the planet paying cash for F fares regularly.

I would reign in your expectations claim off your travel insurance and move on. Let your insurer deal with them if they want to recover.

My thoughts entirely – a reward flight is probably one of the lowest margin seats not the highest!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.