Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Application successful but no confirmation email

• samina 2 posts

I applied online for Barclays Avios card, the application got approved but confirmation email didn’t come. How long it takes after online application? Thank yiu

rc247 5 posts

Mine came around 12 hours later. Not sure why there is a delay.

Traveljunkie 15 posts

I applied on Tuesday but haven’t received any emails following. Not sure what the delay is.

Sam 96 posts

Applied last Friday, needed further checks, no email and no card yet

ukdw 14 posts

Did my application on 11th May some time after 15:00 – got accepted online and confirmation email came in at 16:19 that day.

comeocome 43 posts

Same here. Still waiting for my confirmation email. Really need it for the link to upload income proof.

ukpolak 64 posts

My onboarding experience was awful unfortunately. No confirmation email (and no indication of successful application or fail) and then I received the card randomly a week later, completely out of the blue. The PIN arrived a week after that and I didn’t have the requisite items to set up online banking or mobile banking but was being sent many reminders to get set up.

I called their help desk after exhausting AI chat and then real person chat, and they apologised profusely and notes this was a new product (?). They also helped me set up Apple Pay as the correct process also didn’t work.

Thankfully this is just a temporary backup for the BA Amex and the 50k SUB has already hit (phew!) but onboarding with Amex was a complete dream in comparison and I see more justification for the fee on that card.

I guess I’ll just downgrade to the free one as I have incurred a lot of spend recently for which Amex was still not accepted (small limited company fitting a new boiler, local Nisa convenience store and post office, sky TV, energy overpayments etc).

Good luck with getting your issues sorted.

kevin@trills.org 1 post

Applied on Tuesday 30th, web page advised would be 5 days before I heard anything. Its the 12th June and not heard anything, whether approve or declined, poor show and can’t be bothered to follow up as if this is an example of customer service for onboarding I suspect its no better having the card.

comeocome 43 posts

comeo

Quick update:
    In hindsight, upon submission of the application, you see the card is approved. That is the ONLY confirmation you will ever have. There won’t be another confirmation/ approval email. On the same confirmation page, there will be a 9 digit reference number, which will be your eventual login ID number. You will not see it anywhere else. Fortunately, I made a print screen, so I was able to use that to login online after I got the card.

Anyway, exactly 5 business days later, I got the card in post. After a few trials and errors (trying different links/ app/ website versions etc.), do not register for online banking. Apparently upon initial submission of application, you already have set up the memorable word etc, so you sort of already have a “profile” in the system. Therefore I just clicked log in, and then link my app/ card, finally I managed to set up online “banking” or online card account. And then you can see the PIN online, no need to wait for the post again. Then I added the card to apple wallet via app. Hopefully it helps.

Admittedly the onboarding process is quite complicated, so please feel free to correct the above if you have other experience.

Blackbat 14 posts

My wife applied for the card in late May and a confirmation email has just come through! No card yet.

tjob81 30 posts

My dad got accepted but no card arrived, called them and they said the application was showing as withdrawn(or something like that)? About to send a complaint as he wanted the 50,000 Avios offer which is obviously no longer available

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.