Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios total on BA emails 40k higher than reality!

• Seagull 60 posts

The last 3 marketing emails I’ve received from BA have all had my Avios balance 40,000 higher, both in the message subject and in the body. Not critical obviously most likely an IT error, but has made me wonder if there is a discrepancy somewhere that I should be following up on.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Is it pulling in your Household Account balance? There are some issues post the IT migration of household account balances being used where individual balances should be shown.

Seagull 60 posts

Is it pulling in your Household Account balance? There are some issues post the IT migration of household account balances being used where individual balances should be shown.

No, I don’t have a household account. The extra 40k Avios would be most welcome!

SteveJ 977 posts

Have you used 40k on a redemption recently? I’ve had this before where the email was clearly queued up well before and by the time it got to me the real balance had moved.

testing123 3 posts

I have the same issue, but by my estimation, the email total is the correct one. All the transactions do appear on my transaction list, but I’m 95% sure the total when logged into my account hasn’t been going up accordingly.

There’s a thread on Flyertalk reporting the same issue, and others in that thread also think their higher totals are correct. Could all be wishful thinking, of course.

trickyuk 29 posts

Mine is showing 20k more in the email

I also have a query logged as the amount of avios for a transaction does not match what was pending…

FFoxSake 217 posts

Mine is 6012 higher on the emails, which just happens to be the actual Avios earned on a recent BA Holidays trip.

Cause appears to be another example of the wonderful BA IT systems and people… when they manually added my double tier points they did it flight by flight. I bet that originally added both Tier points and Avios for each leg. Then they manually adjusted off the Avios, but unfortunately by then the new info had already gone downstream to another BA system that does the emails.

The extra is only visible on the emails and not in the Exec Club app or website.

tiriavpo 312 posts

I have had 9 emails since 5 January all of which have the same over inflated total. Without going back to dawn of time it would difficult to know which total is correct.

WaynedP 258 posts

Interesting, mine shows about 20k higher on marketing emails than logging into my BAEC account. I just thought it was a quirk, but it reappears time and time again. I don’t have a household account either.

rich 8 posts

How long did it take for the double TPs to post? I’m up to to days now and have emailed them – still nothing. It is very poor.

testing123 3 posts

And now, both totals match, but are less than the previous lower of the two.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.