Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA 2-4-1 flights changed LGW to LHR

• sm 178 posts

Morning. My summer flights to Las Vegas have been changed from London Gatwick to London Heathrow a couple months ago ( 5 hours later departure! Grrrrr ) but I’ve not yet ‘accepted’ the change on manage my booking. If I don’t do this is it a risk my seats could get ‘sold’ as I see there is only one seat left in club for revenue?
    Was hoping they’d increase the service to two flights a day but no sign of that!
    Thanks

SamG 1,644 posts

You’re holding seats currently so no worries there

I’d say absolutely no chance of BA adding any flights this summer. You have got the option of looking for a BA/AA combo (e.g. via LAX) or going a day earlier if it works better for your plans though

sm 178 posts

Thank you. Good to know. Seems as though there are indirect flights on American Airlines which land closer to the original time but connection is only 1 hour at Phoenix. Is that a bit tight? Also wondered if business class seat / service on AA is comparable to BA club suite too? Any experience would be grateful. Thanks

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

1 hour is very tight because you have to go through US immigration at the first entry point.

masaccio 722 posts

I regularly did an hour change at HKG pre-pandemic but that was knowing the onward flight ran every 60 minutes, there was no immigration, and well it’s HKG and it’s just damned well run.

If you don’t mind missing the flight because you can get the next PHX-LAX one it’s fine. If you can’t afford to miss it then don’t do it. Even if you have Global Entry, an hour is risky.

No idea how close you are to LHR but for me personally, LHR vs LGW is much of a muchness. My NBO flight in February got switched to T3 which I am very happy about as I expect to lose Gold this November and so I can use Cathay’s lounge rather than BA Galleries in T5. Win!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.