Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BA Amex companion voucher

• Omegaman 39 posts

Hi
    A couple of questions , it’s our first year with the BA Amex.
    Do you get the voucher when you spend the £12k or at the end of the calendar year ?
    Do you get one every year or just the first year?
    Thanks

AJA 1,070 posts

You get the voucher as soon as you spend over £12k.

You only get 1 voucher per your Amex year, so if, for example, you earn the voucher in the first month you have to wait another 11 months before you start earning another one.

In your case I would strongly recommend upgrading your card from the base free BA card to the paid BA Premium card when you are just shy of spending £10k.

This is because the free card only allows you to use the voucher in economy class (World Traveller). The paid card allows WTP and upwards. Much better value as its also valid for 24 months versus only 12 months for tge free card.

Omegaman 39 posts

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t realise the free card was only economy. Maybe we should have read the small print…😊

Omegaman 39 posts

£10k is roughly were we are up to. I’ll look into changing it.
    Thanks

Eggtastico 43 posts

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t realise the free card was only economy. Maybe we should have read the small print…😊

you could upgrade to the paid BAPP when you near the spend target. Your current spend will remain & it opens up other classes.

takke 6 posts

How long does it take for the 241 voucher to post, once you’ve hit the £10k spend target? Is it in a few days, or do you have to wait until the end of the statement month?

Scott 240 posts

@takke it takes a few days.

AJA 1,070 posts

@takke Just to add, it appears in your BAEC account, not in your Amex account.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.