Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Amex upgrade from free to Premium Plus

• polly 293 posts

Think pro rata is irrelevant now, as applications state new t and c. Do hold on to the card. Complete your 10k spend before the year ends in FEB. Then drawer it, as Rob say. Start your next 10k spend to coincide when you might need your next 241.

cocinacutie 1 post

Hey all, so I’m on the Blue card and just noticed I’ve spent £10.5k. Card anniversary 20th Dec.
    If I upgrade to Black will it trigger the companion voucher right away because I’ve fulfilled the 10k point? Or will it make me start again?
    Keen to book (ideally Club World) long-haul flights with the voucher ASAP so any advice would be very appreciated

NorthernLass 7,593 posts

That’s what has happened historically, though sometimes there’s a glitch and you only get the 12-month voucher which takes a call to either BA or Amex to sort out. Also don’t forget the upgrade isn’t guaranteed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.