Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• hugo r 282 posts

Any idea if BA will be running there 50% off redemption tickets anytime soon ?

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I doubt it – AFAIK the only time it’s ever happened was last year when BA was desperate to get some cash into the coffers from the surcharges. Too many FTVs and unused avios around at the moment to incentivise BA to offer discounts. If anything, we might see another devaluation.

memesweeper 1,255 posts

If anything, we might see another devaluation.

BA have rather painted themselves into a corner — they cannot devalue too much or Avios will increasing start heading out of the door in the direction of Nectar. There’s also the general point that a large devaluation will cut inward transfers and thus revenue from American Express (and other partners like HSBC, shopping portals, Nectar etc). With every new partner deal signed there’s a greater risk to BA if they cut into the Avios benefits too much, which gives me some confidence I’ll get a good return from an Avios balance + companion vouchers I’m saving up again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.