Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club British Airways memorabilia & history – what do you have?

• Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Do you own anything interesting?

I have a safety card signed by the pilots of the first BA A350 flight to Madrid and a head rest protector signed by Alex Cruz (!) from the same flight but that’s a bout it from me.

I know that at one point (I believe in the 80s) BA touted the “Tudor inspired” menu as a selling point for booking Club flights – would love to see what that included. Turnips anyone?!

Adder 21 posts

Slightly cheating but a section of G-CIVZ (ex-BA 747 dismantled earlier this year) turned up today as a Christmas present for my OH!

BlueThroughCrimp 6 posts

I have a square of CIVG’s fuselage, and a fasten seatbelts light from her.
    There’s also a travel agent’s model BEA Comet somewhere in my parents loft. (Think there’s a model Gulf Air DC10 too).

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

I used to have a life jacket and windscreen wiper from a 747, perks of knowing the right people I guess! Had to throw them away when moving house though 😔

I also learnt that it’s really really difficult to put a life jacket on quick enough to be useful in a nose dive type situation (20 seconds)

ChrD 3 posts

I have a launch dossier from Terminal 4. It’s a thick folder with about 100 pages of launch photographs, architectural drawings, lounge specifications etc. Did you know it was the first titles in the UK where arrivals and departures were segregated on separate floors?

1ATL 2 posts

I’ve managed to accumulate quite a bit of ‘stuff’ over the years including the reg plate for Boeing 747-200 G-BDXF which I flew on as a kid, a set of 6 Club Europe Doulton coffee cups printed with black and white images of European cities (they’re ideal for espresso at home) and a safety demo kit from a A320 complete with oxygen mask, lifejacket and seatbelt (all brand new). A stack of amenity kits from First and Club collected over the past 30 odd years as well as pretty much every safety card issued by aircraft type since the mid 80’s. I’ve also got a fair amount of check-in and ticket desk related stuff too from the 80’s/90’s in the days before thermal printed boarding passes and destination labels. Bright and colourful destination labels, boarding passes, priority tags and ticket wallets in the various class brands of the era, lounge invitation cards, fragile & heavy baggage stickers and tags and a fair few timetables too. All housed with the exception of the china cups and the reg plate in 2 large filing cadenzas in the garage.

Acersaccharum 2 posts

I still have, and regularly use, an original blue leather Concorde baggage tag, which my father gave me after a business trip around 40 years ago. I’m often asked by the flight crew at the door what it is.

RB1988 8 posts

My favourite memento, is a certificate given out during the last BA 767 flight from Larnaca – Heathrow, which was signed by the crew, I have it framed and displayed front and center with my aviation model collection. I also have a safety card from that last flight.

In addit9ion to the big box of various stuff I ordered ex BA 747’s that were being sold last year, which I only knew about via HfP!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.